2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Great performer, for the price
By Sypher on 04/27/06 14:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Ignore all the reviews for the car and look at it like this. You can get these for 23K out the door if you're good. It's got the STI 2.5 liter in it. Ebay TurboBack exhaust $500, STi Intercooler $300, Cobb Accessport (ECU) $650, STI Turbo Ebay ($400), you now have 280 horsepower to the wheels and will smoke stock STI's and EVO's and get the same gas mileage, for oh, say less then two grand, bringing the total price to $25 grand and you have STI speed ...WOW. $25K is still lower then sticker on a base WRX ... Nuff said, this car has more potential then the older WRX's and any other car out there in the same price bracket, period. :)

Great Car For 22K
By Julian on 04/21/06 07:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is fast, very reliable, very tunable though fast from the factory. Getting it over 300 hp is very simple. It drives perfect in whatever terrain you put it in. For the money I don't feel any car comes close, Cobalt SS or Evo ($30G is too much). Running 13.86 stock into the low 13s now. Great car for the money, they will be coming out with a new model in two years but with the 2.5 motor, great seats, and endless possibilities with the aftermarket, this car is a go.

Amazing performance car for the money!
By Chiketkd on 03/24/06 06:19 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I test drove the '06 WRX TR as well as an '05 Legacy GT and '05 Mazda RX-8. The WRX was the hands-down winner due to its perfect blend of performance and utility. I have lots of room for my son's carseat in the back (latch hooks are a great convenience) and the trunk is extremely roomy when lugging his stuff around. Acceleration is unbelievable, the new 17" wheels & brakes are amazing and handling at the limit is very predictable. A switch to better tires than the stock all-seasons is a must. I'm getting around 25mpg in mixed city/highway which is spectacular for a car capable of 0-60 in ~5.5secs and a 1/4 mile in the upper 13's. For a car costing around $24K, this is an amazing bargain!

Fast Car
By midlifeonthecheap on 10/07/05 14:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I looked at various cars: '05 Mustang GT, '06 BMW 3 series, Mazda 6. I drove the '05 WRX and liked it. When I drove the '06, it was love at first drive. Torque Monster! Love the motor! On the tollway, in 5th gear at 2500 rpm, no need to downshift - goose it and away you go. This is not a rubber band on/off motor. I like the new look; the body still is a bit dated looking to my eyes. The front wheels seem set back too far. I have yet to find the "let go" limits in this car. I will need some time in a big empty parking lot because it has a tenacious grip on the road. Very neutral feeling, I believe when it does let go it will slide on all fours instead of over or understeering. Happy so far.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.