Used 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Little Red Ru Rocks!
By chef tim

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We had a 2005 2.5 RS that we traded on our 2006 WRX TR. I was absolutely thrilled with the difference in performance. I have owned dozens of Subarus and my experience with new ones is just as pleasurable as with my older ones. We will continue to be loyal Subaru owners well into the future.

Turbo, Turbo, Turbo. The handling is great. Its looks. Seats four comfortably. Did I mention Turbo?

Better speakers as a standard feature.

TR is disappointing
By JBiz

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

For 23k the TR WRX is a very fast car. 0-60 in approximately 6 seconds. It's very fun to drive and I love all of the attention I get while driving it. If i had the chance to buy it all over again...I would upgrade to a Limited. I don't think I have enough love to spend $30k on an STi. I'd rather own a BMW if I were to spend $30k+.

I gotta love the speed. There's nothing like blowing the doors off of the civics and other cars pieced together. The 17 inch wheels aren't that bad either. Upholstery is very nice. There's no lame designs that make you think of McDonald restaurant decor like many, many other cars.

First the TR needs a stereo. The 4 speaker, 80 watt stereo is worse than what Hyundai's have. Folding rear seats would help. Heated side mirrors (they skimp on cheap mirrors they put on the Limited. How much are you really saving me?). Hood scoop needs a screen for protection. Rear end slips with oem suspension.

Awesome Car!
By dave

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car a month ago, and I love it even more now that when I bought it. It hauls and handles like a champ. It is just as sure footed in the rain too. The stock stereo and speakers are pretty wimpy, but other than that, this car is unbelievable!

Turbo!

Better stock stereo. Other than that this car is sweet!

Turner Ready
By DANO

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Turner ready says it all. Excellent inexpensive platform to build on or just leave alone. Fun to drive and offers the wallet a break and the flexibility to add as funds become available. I would start with the brake cables, coil overs and then pipes. Easy to install and easier to enjoy.

Great engine.

Brakes, suspension.

What a great car...
By Cabriniman

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is such a great car! I have been looking for an all-around performer that is easy on the wallet and this is it. I don't know of any other cars in which you get a four door, turbo charged, all wheel drive, reliable, and super fun ride for around $23,000. I test drove a 2005 WRX last summer and was sorely disappointed. Way too much turbo lag. The 2006 virtually eliminates that problem and you have more choices. I love that this car is a "stealth speeder" without the spoiler too. This car has a great ride and handles well. I actually get decent gas mileage too (25-27 regularly). I highly recommend at least a test drive as I was completely blown away with the 2006!

The power is great. I like the shifter too. It is really nice to not have a spoiler (aka: cop bait) on the back too. I like the seats (I may be alone on that one). The price was sweet too. $23,000 is a not unusual price for a TR model WRX.

The radio is a little cheapish. I worry that I will burn through tires quickly as it is easy to drive fast through the mountain roads I travel on for fun!