2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
A great performer
By Nick on 03/22/06 07:54 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned two STi's in the past 3 years. They are great cars. Both of mine are highly modified and can handle immense amounts of stress. The car is a great daily driver, comfortable, good mpg, amazing handling, and much more. This is a great car if you want to go play in the mud and then go beat up on some Corvettes. The next car with as great bang for the buck as the STi is the $70,000 Corvette Z06.

Head Turner
By 1lap2go on 03/09/06 09:18 AM (PST)

I love the AWD driving experience, coupled with the performance the STi delivers. It is a ball to drive. It's a fair weather car for me. I still have a lot of money in my pocket with a car that can dust off BMW's and the like with ease.

Is there anything this car can't do?
By Jvs04 on 03/01/06 13:46 PM (PST)

Before this car I had a 2004 Subaru WRX. The car was modded to 340whp. I got tired of the suspension, brakes, and tranny so I decided to upgrade to an STI. Stock, I know this thing isn't as fast as my WRX, but it feels so much quicker, so much smoother, so much more nimble. The transmission is built like a tank and so smooth, especially with a short throw shifter. Power delivery is linear and there is little to no turbo lag. The brakes are insane and have an amazing bite to them. Buying this car was the best decision I've ever made.

Never Been So Happy To Drive
By jPage on 02/11/06 21:55 PM (PST)

I have been without a vehicle since 2002. I purchased the STi last month and my expectations were satisfied and were even overwhelmed. Especially by the pure power when you hit the gas pedal, and the ruggedness insures me that my purchase will go a very long ways and time.

Fun to drive.
By 138MustangGT on 02/10/06 23:35 PM (PST)

This is an exceptionally well mannered car. My wife has driven V8s by preference for 6 years now. BUT, the switch has begun. After being tired of the shoddy build quality of domestic automobiles, she decided to go import. Of course the M3 was her first choice, but that will come after she gets a job. For now, the fun to drive STi is her new favorite means of taking our sons to school and to the park and groceries and shopping and just driving because it's FUN. The ride remains comfortable even though the suspension is quick to answer the call of performance, and the cabin makes you feel more comfortable than one would think when looking from outside. She still hasn't stopped drooling.

BEST CAR EVER
By JOHNNY on 01/31/06 01:17 AM (PST)

I had a chance to test drive the Evo MR a day before I bought my STi and let me say that there was nothing to compare. The STi was in a class of its own. From start-up to shutdown it's all I ever wanted in a car. I have never smiled so much as do when I drive the STi, especially when a Mustang pulls next to me.

Exhilarating Fun Drive!
By Britannic on 12/04/05 17:08 PM (PST)

I love turbocharged cars and for years was a loyal Saab owner, until GM diluted the brand. I wanted a turbocharged car that would stand out from the pack and deliver power, superb handling and excitement. The STi gives all of that and more; once I got used to the higher revving engine, this car is the most fun I've ever had. Performance off the line and handling through twisty mountain roads is tremendous; the Sube feels like it's on rails and I've yet to notice any body roll. Being European, I love the WRX's stiff suspension, which combines with the super precise steering and available power to provide very nimble handling and a real fun drive! I don't miss my Saab 9-3 Viggen at all!

my 2006 STi "qwksti"
By qwksti on 10/13/05 19:22 PM (PDT)

This is a great sports car, and for the money you can't do much better. Looks are great, and I love the new ‘06 front end. And with the ‘06 improved DCCD is tied in with the steering. Better suspension, lower than the ‘05, smaller front scoop, smaller rear wing (1/2 inch I think) a second rear wing added, liquid filled engine mounts, new ground effects body styling, rear diffuser, standard 6 CD in dash CD player, 6 speakers with amp and sub, intercooler sprayer, 17' wheels, 2.5L 300hp @ 6k rpm, 300 torque @ 4k rpm, adjustable HID head lights, keyless entry. This is an amazing sports car. Very fast, the AWD is amazing, this car is well built, sturdy, solid, tight, lots of fun.

A better STi
By Eric on 09/03/05 13:10 PM (PDT)

As the happy owner of a 2004 STi, I was blown away with the new front end design of the 2006 model. In no time I had a 2006 Blue STi with gold wheels. This is one of the most amazing cars on the road. Power is impressive over 3000 rpm, but some slight turbo lag is evident below this range. But once the turbo is on boost, look out, you will be hitting redline before you know it. What's even more impressive about this car is its handling and braking. I regularly enter corners at speeds my mind is telling me are too fast, but the car grips without protest. This is truly one of the most forgiving performance cars I've driven. And it stops as well as it goes. Let's just say the brakes are awesome.

Subaru WRX STi
By WRX OWNER on 08/26/05 19:25 PM (PDT)

I bought the WRX STi a few weeks ago and I can tell you that this car certainly lives up to its name. I have had absolutely no problems with it. I live in the mountains of southern California where there are a lot of windy and hilly roads, which make this car all the more fun to have. It never has a problem climbing any hill. It accelerates from 0-60 in about 5 seconds and the handling ability is unbelievable. The hood scoop and spoiler never rattle around as I had read in some reviews, and also the turbo lag isn't that bad; in fact the low end torque on the STi is better than my dad's Porsche 911 Turbo which has 355hp. The 6 disc in-dash CD changer is of excellent quality.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.