2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Revisited Foul Weather Friend
By James on 03/31/10 10:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Since my last review, I have more miles on the car almost 85k and no major problems, just routine maintenance. One minor problem has been the front hood latch no catching, I loosened the screws, moved the latch mechanism up about 1-2millimeters and it works fine now. I did purchase the vehicle after the lease.

Awsome Handling Car
By Nick on 02/15/10 19:07 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Subaru. It grips the road effortlessly no matter what the conditions are. It goes through snow with ease. Power is lacking from what I want. I have a non turbo and it feels like I have to push the car to get it up to speed on the on ramps, then again I'm 18 and I can never go fast enough. If you don't have a lead foot it's fine. The front seat is very comfy and still felt comfortable after a 3 hour drive. Back seats are okay and my 6' brother can fit. The interior has a basic design and look adequate. I have had only one problem with my Subaru. If forget to put on your gas cap your check engine light and cruse light will turn on. I went to the dealership and they took care of it.

Great Car!
By Willa on 01/22/10 16:57 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first ever "brand new" car, and I have had an awful lot of fun driving it. It's zippy, and sporty, and the 6 speaker sound system really rocks! There have been times when the engine is so quiet I've forgotten the car is still running. My dog loves this car too! I typically drive with only the 40% backseat in place, so he gets a lot of space.

Felt I was ripped off
By Fastwrx415 on 10/18/09 00:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's been an amazing car, really fun to drive, quick response, no turbo lag, AWD and need I say more. I've put in over $4k in mods. and it's a beast.

No worries mate
By Brunte48 on 08/01/09 23:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

No problems at all so far. It has been driven 40,000 miles and pulled (behind RV) another 10,000. All 4 tires just replaced, besides that, nothing but oil changes. Never below 25 MPG and only a couple of times above 30 MPG - good but not FANTASTIC.

A must have
By amoeba on 05/26/09 22:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned this car for 3 yrs now. Drove it stock for 2yrs and modified this last yr. With $2k worth of upgrades - this is a beast with 300 lbft of torque. Have driven it over mountain passes in Colorado in blizzard conditions without issues. Insane handling on any type of road with the right set of tires. Only regret is that I should have bought the STI at the time for the bullet proof 6 sp transmission. (only required if you plan to upgrade to >400hp)

Best car I have ever had
By hotrodinc on 04/05/09 13:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The STi is the perfect car for Idaho, its fun to drive in the summer and can go anywhere in the winter.

Don't buy this car!!!
By Patricia Kuehl on 04/04/09 07:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Soon after purchase of this vehicle, I noticed that the paint degraded wherever bird droppings were, even after a few days. My car is midnight blue. I have attempted to remedy this through my dealership for over one year without resolution. I have not had this problem with my Toyota, Ford or Volvo. In forty years of owning cars I have not encountered this problem, nor such an unsatisfactory response from a company. It is a cute car and fun to drive, but don't be tempted.

Impreza 2.5 I hatchback, manual
By arvid on 03/16/09 07:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as a "micro SUV" -- the 2006 RAV4 had only an automatic and was $4000 more. Handling is great; the Impreza moves confidently through snow and heavy rains on hilly roads. With a roof rack, transport capacity is terrific. With some planning, and multiple trips, I can move most the loads that a pickup can take. I tow a 1500 pound camper (towing capacity is 2400 lbs -- largest in this group). The one drawback is lower MPG. I am getting mid 20s. My previous car was a 96 Saturn sedan, which was getting in the mid 30s, but did not have the power, or handling in snow.

Lovin' it
By 1lap2go on 03/02/09 13:21 PM (PST)

This has been a great car. It is so much fun to drive, too bad the law doesn't let me experience this car to its fullest extend. Everything is well thought out. Can't get used to the new model so I'll stick with this one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.