Used 2006 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

TR is disappointing
By JBiz

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

For 23k the TR WRX is a very fast car. 0-60 in approximately 6 seconds. It's very fun to drive and I love all of the attention I get while driving it. If i had the chance to buy it all over again...I would upgrade to a Limited. I don't think I have enough love to spend $30k on an STi. I'd rather own a BMW if I were to spend $30k+.

I gotta love the speed. There's nothing like blowing the doors off of the civics and other cars pieced together. The 17 inch wheels aren't that bad either. Upholstery is very nice. There's no lame designs that make you think of McDonald restaurant decor like many, many other cars.

First the TR needs a stereo. The 4 speaker, 80 watt stereo is worse than what Hyundai's have. Folding rear seats would help. Heated side mirrors (they skimp on cheap mirrors they put on the Limited. How much are you really saving me?). Hood scoop needs a screen for protection. Rear end slips with oem suspension.

Finally
By jagboypotts

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I moved to the US 2 years ago and have bought 7 cars since. A Porsche 911 was impressive, a 2006 GTi lasted 3 months, various other boring stuff. An '05 Legacy gave me a hint of what I really needed. The STi is a average motorwar car, it uses more fuel than I expected. It's also everything a sports car should be, effective, fun, fast and makes you want to get in and drive just for the joy of it. Unlike the 911 you don't need to worry all the time, SUVs don't cut you off for fun, you just sit in your blue and pink world and smile at the sheer joy of a sorted chassis and engine that sounds like its CD would go platinum. As for when the snow comes. LOVE IT.

Handling. No frills, just engine, gearbox, drive train, braking performance and quality. Marketing influenced consumers will hate it.

Better stereo or leave a hole in the dash and buy your own. It doesn't show but it weighs too much, don't let Newton know or he will spoil our fun. None the less, it has to hurt economy, brake wear and ultimately performance.

Built to get you anywhere, anytime.
By lvnwntr

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Leasing the car for $270/mo. Planning a trip of 2000 miles through Canada with 3 other people. Great for hauling the stuff that won't fit in my Impreza sedan. Have cargo basket for roof rack and am planning for a hitch and aluminum cargo carrier for the back.

Factory needs to make 17-18" wheels and serious off-road capable tires standard. No excuses on something that tows 2000 lbs.

Overall a solid little wagon
By mck

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for about three months now, and am overall quite pleased with it. I wanted something that handled well, got decent mileage, and could haul stuff in a pinch. I narrowed down my search to two vehicles with the other being the Mazda3. The Mazda had less cargo space and will not take a trailer hitch, and lacks roof rails, although it is slightly less expensive and reportedly gets better mileage. I recently subjected it to a 2,500 mile road trip and consistently got just above 31 mpg on the highway (and much of this was through the mountains of North Carolina with the AC on); in the city I got around 25.

The wagon handles well, especially on wet pavement and on dirt roads, and the ride is smooth for a compact car.

I have to agree with most of the other reviews regarding rear leg room and the sub par stereo. I would also add that the air conditioning could be more powerful. I gets the job done but does not cool the car down as quickly as I would like.

AWD supercar!
By Fernslinger

This car is awesome. The handling and acceleration blows cars away at 2-3 times the price. The build quality is great and I love the way it looks. I really enjoy driving this car!

Engine, brakes, looks.

The only thing I would change is the wing. A little too big IMO.