2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Great car
By Evan on 12/08/05 21:06 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Take my review with perspective. A 10 in any category is outstanding. For instance, a 10 in performance would be something with Corvette Z06, or better, performance. A 10 in comfort might be a SL500 or Maybach, and a 10 in fuel economy a Prius. With that in mind this is a great vehicle. I moved from a '95 M3 to this vehicle and, within context, am happier about my transportation. The Subaru Outback Sport SE is relatively nimble, efficient and comfortable. It is also very utilitarian by nature and provides a great compromise to those not seeking performance, utility, versatility, and reliability. All in all great car.

GREAT car overall
By ITW on 12/06/05 12:13 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Awesome power and handling. Very nice interior features with QUALITY build. Consumes a lot of gas but what do you expect out of a turbo car. I love the rumble of the boxer engine. Low beam lights are good for nothing since I can hardly see 20ft in front of me at night. High beams are wonderful though. It pulls nicely, but with more exhaust flow I can only imagine what this beast can do. I would buy this car over and over again.

Exhilarating Fun Drive!
By Britannic on 12/04/05 17:08 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love turbocharged cars and for years was a loyal Saab owner, until GM diluted the brand. I wanted a turbocharged car that would stand out from the pack and deliver power, superb handling and excitement. The STi gives all of that and more; once I got used to the higher revving engine, this car is the most fun I've ever had. Performance off the line and handling through twisty mountain roads is tremendous; the Sube feels like it's on rails and I've yet to notice any body roll. Being European, I love the WRX's stiff suspension, which combines with the super precise steering and available power to provide very nimble handling and a real fun drive! I don't miss my Saab 9-3 Viggen at all!

Great Machine!
By Eddie Cat on 11/28/05 13:30 PM (PST)

I have to highly recommend this car to anyone thinking of buying one. I never drove the WRX, but I love this STI! If you live in a cold weather climate with snow, this is the ultimate performance car for you. Plus you can pass it off as being "practical". 300 HP & Torque is awesome. Shake off all the Fast and Furious wannabees with ease. One of the fastest cars I have driven ... drive one, you will buy one!

Flawless AWD
By Seattle on 11/17/05 17:41 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great multi purpose car for a young couple or older folks without children and also for you single folks too. For '06 the more powerful engine mated to the automatic is perfect. From a stop this car is a little rocket, and passing at highway speeds is not a problem. This car comes with all the safety features STANDARD! You donít have to pay extra for side airbags or antilock brakes. And to having a bullet proof AWD system is great. The front seats are fairly comfortable but the back seats are better suited for children. Ride and handling are great for what ever kind of driving you do. And the new projector headlights are awesome for nighttime visibility.

Glad That We Selected This Vehicle
By Don Mills on 11/16/05 20:00 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After what seemed to be an endless search for a new vehicle we purchased a 2006 Outback Sport with a 5 speed manual transmission. We have been driving it for several weeks and like it better all the time. The fuel economy has been better than we had expected. So far, the worst has been 26.5 mpg and the best 29.6 mpg. This has been in our normal day-to-day driving and does not include any long highway trips. Compared to the new cars that we have owned in the past, the build quality is excellent. We have noticed only one small problem, a defective seam in one tail light unit which allows water to enter while going through the car wash. To drive it is to enjoy it.

Best By Far
By Subaru Fan on 11/07/05 00:11 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was looking at buying a new car and really never thought of the Subaru WRX. I actually went to the dealership on a random trip and test drove the WRX. I fell in love and quickly bought it afterwards. Driving it is the most fun I have had in a car. The larger engine cuts down on lag from the turbo and sometimes the acceleration can get away from you. The interior is great, and very easy to navigate, and the exterior looks amazing. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Better than before
By Michael Squeo on 10/29/05 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Last car was an '02 Outback. The '06 has a much better engine and the transmission gearing on the 5-speed is much improved. It looks like they took about 350 - 400 RPMs off at 70mph, which makes for a better ride and improved mileage. By 1500 miles I hit 29 mpg and I'm hoping to hit 30 soon. The black and grey cloth interior is absolutely beautiful. EVERYONE comments about it. With the black exterior the car looks sharp. The standard exhaust system even sounds better, especially at low RPMs. There is no better bargain on the road today. Why no one else is building well priced AWD vehicles continues to amaze me.

2006 Impreza
By Donna on 10/27/05 15:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is a hot little car. The get up and go is fabulous. The ride is smooth and easy. The controls are very ergonomically situated.

Very Fun & Practical
By brian on 10/27/05 14:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love to drive my WRX. It handles great, and the wagon has enough room to make runs to the hardware store. Main complaint is the slight turbo lag. Otherwise the car is great for roadtrips and is built rock solid.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.