Used 2006 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

10 months
By subisubi

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

No real problems to date. The car handles really well in the snow. I live Mammoth lakes, CA, and we had over 600 inches of snow this past winter. Make sure there is extra weight when in winter conditions, because the car is pretty light. I got 31 mpg sometimes on roadtrips, and never less than 25 mpg.

AWD, good mileage, sound system.

iPod/mp3 player adapter. I don't use the 6 disc changer much.

Subaru 2.5i - great car
By Al

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a lot of fun to drive, very responsive, great handling. It is built like a tank, no funny noises anywhere so far (I've had the car for 4 months). Suspension is awesome, you can pass a speed hump at 30 mph and you won't feel it. Great brakes, had no problem stopping on wet roads. I am waiting for winter to see how the AWD behaves. Overall is the best car I could find, a lot of value for the price.

Suspension, torque, style, built to be durable, great quality.

The transmission is good, but it could be crisper. Better carpet. Fold down back seats would be a plus, although I rarely used that feature on my previous car. Space in the back back seat is a little tight.

Great buy!
By Joey S.

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I bought this car after researching it for months. It lived up to what I had read. Great handling, outstanding performance, and excellent dependability. Plus the AWD and safety ratings made the WRX a great fit for me. I enjoy also being able to get a high performance vehicle in an automatic. Not all of us want to take it to the track every weekend, even though it might be capable of that, but for those of us who drive in the city, I enjoy the easy drive of the auto. Plus having performance, styling, and 4 doors is great.

I got the limited package which comes with heated seats, leather, moonroof and spoiler. I also appreciate that Subaru gives the WRX many standard features that are extra features or not even available on other cars. Like a big brake kit, AWD, a six disc changer, power windows and doors, etc.

I really have no complaints about the car so far since I have had it, but tinted windows might be a good option from the factory next year.

Little Red Ru Rocks!
By chef tim

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We had a 2005 2.5 RS that we traded on our 2006 WRX TR. I was absolutely thrilled with the difference in performance. I have owned dozens of Subarus and my experience with new ones is just as pleasurable as with my older ones. We will continue to be loyal Subaru owners well into the future.

Turbo, Turbo, Turbo. The handling is great. Its looks. Seats four comfortably. Did I mention Turbo?

Better speakers as a standard feature.

The Ultimate Car For Mountain Residents
By STier

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I live in the mountains of Southern California and I couldn't imagine that there is a car better suited for me. I've had this car for a year now and have had absolutely no problems with it. The car has insane power. Very comfortable and smooth on the freeway. The biggest bonus for me though, is that you can drive this car in snow! I've driven up to Big Bear with literally 3.5 ft. of snow on the ground without a single slip, no chains needed! This is the ultimate car to have if you live in the mountains.

Unbelievable performance for the summer. Outstanding performance in snow and ice (with all-season tires of course). Intuitive controls. Outstanding gauges (bright and well placed). Climate control is excellent. Cruise control and decent freeway gas mileage is great for road trips. Big trunk.

The shifter is clumsy to shift into reverse. The back seat are a little cramped and don't fold down. Poor gas mileage on the mountain. The car is a cop magnet (trust me).