2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Fun and practical
By lamtrc on 01/17/06 16:57 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

200hp+ cars nowadays are a dime for a dozen, but not many get it all in one package. The WRX Wagon is compact enough for city dwellers, yet it can swallow a couple extra pieces of luggage or that big-screen tv. Please try that with the new Civic Si. AWD for extra traction in rain or light snow. Roof-rack for a kayak or ski trip. It is no M5 or Corvette, but performance and handling are superb for the price. Can't find anything else like that for $25,000. Unless you are into brands, forget about that 325xi wagon and get the WRX. Then, put the money that you just save in a mutual fund account. One big drawback for young buyers is high insurance costs.

Great all around car
By liebling on 01/09/06 22:42 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.5i has more than ample power, handles like a dream, is amazingly quiet and is fun to drive. The AWD is a real asset when the roads are slick. The finish is quite nice, with no irregular gaps. There is plenty of interior plastic, but it doesn't look cheap. Nice interior, but the carpet could be of a better quality. Rear visibility is somewhat restricted. The chin sits low, and is easily scraped. The shifter is okay, but could be crisper. You lose a bit of feel with the hydraulically actuated clutch. Very good brakes. All in all, the car is not great in any single respect, but is more than adequate in every respect. It's a lot of car for the money.

amazing handling and great power
By John on 01/06/06 11:23 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my Dad. I wanted the AWD feature for him. But after I drove it to work one day. I fell in love with the car. It got incredible grip and agility. I put the smile on my face when I drive it. My house on a mountain and my drive is quite steep. Every time it snows my Nissan Maxima can't go up the driveway. My wife has an Audi A6; it can go up the driveway fine but it does not have the handling of the Impreza. I'm going to get myself a WRX soon! I love this Impreza. I like the new project headlights.

First new car
By Ashley S. on 01/05/06 09:30 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Looks great. Nice fit and finish. Many features standard. Add a spoiler and mud guards and the car is ready to go. Waiting for snow to test out the AWD.

Fun in the sun
By kevin kereluik on 01/04/06 14:59 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What a joy to drive; not only did I shave 20 minutes off my 2 hour commute, but I truly enjoy the drive. The acceleration, even when already in fifth gear is impressive. At the dealership I was not intending to purchase the WRX, however a 5 minute test drive left me wanting more time behind the wheel.

Wish I bought a Honda Again
By I_wish_for_Civic on 01/04/06 13:51 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Only 2000 miles on the clock and I already need the rear end rebuilt. Not very impressed since this is the first Subaru I bought, considering I've had 8 Hondas with no problems.

2006 Subaru WRX Best Road Car Ever
By Don Adams on 12/21/05 20:21 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had the Subaru 2006 WRX for 3000 miles. It's much faster then expressed via various web sites. Not much on the road can touch it. Easy handling. Kinda' drives itself. Power, handling, easy to control the car, decent mileage and just OH so much fun to drive. I've driven Mustangs and other power cars, only thing better then the WRX is the WRX STi!

Sweet ride
By DT on 12/19/05 00:13 AM (PST)

I never really thought of getting a WRX. I looked into getting a Mazdaspeed 6 and a Lancer Evo but when the price got out of hand I started looking into it. For the money it's an awesome car. Not only is it fun to drive, the handling is awesome.

Good Car
By Ira on 12/13/05 13:31 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I like the size of this car because it fits perfectly in my small garage in San Francisco. Very powerful (you will noticed the difference from Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic). However would suggest to manufacturer to place a lock on the trunk door and have additional light in front. My new car had auto door lock problem (worked intermittently) but was fixed by the dealer satisfactorily. I've had it for over 2 months and love it.

LOVE it!
By alex on 12/13/05 13:09 PM (PST)

I just bought this car and I LOVE it. It drives so smooth, the seats are comfortable and the build is great. It's the perfect balance of sports car and comfy sedan. I'm so excited to drive it. I got the Limited and the leather is very nice. Love the heated seats. ;)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.