2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Never Been So Happy To Drive
By jPage on 02/11/06 21:55 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been without a vehicle since 2002. I purchased the STi last month and my expectations were satisfied and were even overwhelmed. Especially by the pure power when you hit the gas pedal, and the ruggedness insures me that my purchase will go a very long ways and time.

Fun to drive.
By 138MustangGT on 02/10/06 23:35 PM (PST)

This is an exceptionally well mannered car. My wife has driven V8s by preference for 6 years now. BUT, the switch has begun. After being tired of the shoddy build quality of domestic automobiles, she decided to go import. Of course the M3 was her first choice, but that will come after she gets a job. For now, the fun to drive STi is her new favorite means of taking our sons to school and to the park and groceries and shopping and just driving because it's FUN. The ride remains comfortable even though the suspension is quick to answer the call of performance, and the cabin makes you feel more comfortable than one would think when looking from outside. She still hasn't stopped drooling.

Awesome
By STIHawk on 02/03/06 10:28 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the car for a a month and a half and it has been everything it is advertised as being. Awesome acceleration and handling. I have just over 2000 miles on it because I can't stop driving it. I highly recommend this vehicle ... can't wait for the summer.

RC Review
By RC on 01/31/06 12:09 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with my 2006 Subaru Outback Sport. With the high cost of fuel these days I am glad to have a reliable car that gives better gas mileage, has sufficient room for passengers and cargo, very well designed folding seats, handles very well in tight turns, and can be relied on whatever weather you go through. This is my third Subaru since 2003 and I will recommend this vehicle to friends and family.

BEST CAR EVER
By JOHNNY on 01/31/06 01:17 AM (PST)

I had a chance to test drive the Evo MR a day before I bought my STi and let me say that there was nothing to compare. The STi was in a class of its own. From start-up to shutdown it's all I ever wanted in a car. I have never smiled so much as do when I drive the STi, especially when a Mustang pulls next to me.

Good so far
By Good so far on 01/30/06 15:03 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a month ago. Positives: Quiet, fairly comfortable, great styling, AWD always good, and I like the outside temp gauge. Negatives: Rear seats don't fold down -- only small center split does, no trunk opener on electronic key device, cold weather operation to be desired (lagging start -- taking about 2-3 times longer to turn over, stiff manual transmission until warmed up). Overall not a bad car, but I wish I had done a little more shopping around to see what other buys were out there.

Monster
By Allan on 01/28/06 22:18 PM (PST)

Wow ... this is a monster. The performance is just out of this world. This car sells for $49,000 Canadian, but performance-wise goes toe to toe with such supercars as Ferrari, Porsche, etc. that are 3 to 4 times more expensive. The look on their faces is priceless when they just can't believe that their toys can't beat a Subaru, and a lot of times my STi actually leaves them in the dust (talking here especially about all the Audis, BMWs, Boxters, Mustangs, Firebirds, Camaros, previous generation Corvettes, some models of Ferraris, and the list goes on...). Can you believe that? I wouldn't if I didn't drive an STi. Considering the price this is a toy for a grown up boy, young at heart.

An Engineering Thrill
By cwert99 on 01/27/06 09:26 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love the All Wheel Drive! Good, quiet highway ride. The car handles amazing, especially in decreasing radius turns! Impressive driveability in all conditions. The 5 speed manual transmission is smooth and crisp. Amazing torque from the boxer engine. Solid build quality (built much better than comparable Toyotas and Hondas). On my first tank of gas, I averaged 27 MPG during mixed, yet spirited driving. The premium audio system is well above average. Great value and low depreciation make this car an excellent choice for the subcompact segment. Five days after owning it, I woke up at 7AM and went to Starbucks to get coffee - 25 MILES AWAY just to drive it!

2005 Impreza
By Joe H on 01/21/06 22:40 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have researched this car for a long time and finally bought the 2006. It is awesome, a great driving car and so far no problems. Quick acceleration for an automatic which is very impressive. Superior ride and comfort for a small car. Its great and everything I thought it would be.

Could have had a bigger car
By Jimmy Pelaez on 01/20/06 22:24 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have been pleased with the experience at the dealer but after 550 miles we are finding out that the poor gas mileage for the size of the car is very poor. We have not been close to the mileage that is advertised. Barely get 16 to 18 MPG. My other SUV with a V8 gets the same mileage. Not happy with that.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.