2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Amazing performance car for the money!
By Chiketkd on 03/24/06 06:19 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I test drove the '06 WRX TR as well as an '05 Legacy GT and '05 Mazda RX-8. The WRX was the hands-down winner due to its perfect blend of performance and utility. I have lots of room for my son's carseat in the back (latch hooks are a great convenience) and the trunk is extremely roomy when lugging his stuff around. Acceleration is unbelievable, the new 17" wheels & brakes are amazing and handling at the limit is very predictable. A switch to better tires than the stock all-seasons is a must. I'm getting around 25mpg in mixed city/highway which is spectacular for a car capable of 0-60 in ~5.5secs and a 1/4 mile in the upper 13's. For a car costing around $24K, this is an amazing bargain!

2006 STi review
By Rajesh on 03/23/06 14:29 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall a great car under the hood. Performs great, drives good, handles sweet, but mind you, I have only 1000K on it. I have few gripes on the initial quality; front speaker vibrates, wiper wash jet doesn't work, driver side door latch doesn't open. I have to basically roll down the window and let myself out. I think Subaru took the racing pedigree bit too far :- ). I have not taken it past 3000 RPM, will let you know after the engine break in period.

A great performer
By Nick on 03/22/06 07:54 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned two STi's in the past 3 years. They are great cars. Both of mine are highly modified and can handle immense amounts of stress. The car is a great daily driver, comfortable, good mpg, amazing handling, and much more. This is a great car if you want to go play in the mud and then go beat up on some Corvettes. The next car with as great bang for the buck as the STi is the $70,000 Corvette Z06.

Survival among the SUV's
By Skibum on 03/16/06 20:48 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I needed a vehicle that would not be run off the single open lane on the NY Thruway during snowstorms. My FWD VW Golf was inadequate, and did not want to buy an SUV. Settled on the AWD Subaru Impreza and have not looked back. Good power with the stickshift; 25 mpg on daily commute; some 28 mpg racing up from NJ to Vermont. Had more occasion to drive through rain and mud than through snow this winter, though - handled all equally magnificently. A blast to drive, indeed! Good heater the few cold days we had. Accessories of foglights, trailer hitch, and ski rack have come in useful - most everything else already built in! Excellent websites exist for all kinds of Subaru-related info.

Roof Rack
By Gary Anderson on 03/15/06 07:39 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I purchased my 2006 Outback Sport it made a whistling noise when I drove over 40 mph. I took it back to the dealer's shop and was told no problem. They would put a diffuser in the rack and it would take care of the whistle. I went back to pick up the vehicle and as soon as I got up to 40 mph it still whistled. I went back to the shop they told me to bring it back the next day. When I went back they told me Subaru had made and error in the design and as soon as it was fixed they would call me. Three months laster I called and was told by the service department that their was no fix for the problem.

Head Turner
By 1lap2go on 03/09/06 09:18 AM (PST)

I love the AWD driving experience, coupled with the performance the STi delivers. It is a ball to drive. It's a fair weather car for me. I still have a lot of money in my pocket with a car that can dust off BMW's and the like with ease.

Is there anything this car can't do?
By Jvs04 on 03/01/06 13:46 PM (PST)

Before this car I had a 2004 Subaru WRX. The car was modded to 340whp. I got tired of the suspension, brakes, and tranny so I decided to upgrade to an STI. Stock, I know this thing isn't as fast as my WRX, but it feels so much quicker, so much smoother, so much more nimble. The transmission is built like a tank and so smooth, especially with a short throw shifter. Power delivery is linear and there is little to no turbo lag. The brakes are insane and have an amazing bite to them. Buying this car was the best decision I've ever made.

Great car for the $$$
By mmousey on 02/26/06 13:57 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After 800 miles back and forth over Snoqulmie Pass, I give this car an 8 in comfort and a 10 in handling. I am only 5' tall and the adjustable seat height really helps me feel taller and to see the road better. The car really keeps its traction in all conditions that I have driven across and I have seen rain, sleet, snow and sun already this winter. The car is very affordable and a fun/easy drive. There is a lot of power for going over the mountain and the anti-lock brakes work well when it is time for stopping too. The stock radio and speakers are not great and I do not like the overall feel of the cloth drivers seat.

Adequate
By trizz on 02/23/06 06:01 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I am happy with the car. Pros: It's a good reliable safe car, has enough space in the back for anything I need to haul around, it's a blast to drive, AWD is great for New England, the build quality and reliability are good. I gave reliability a tentative 8, that may wind up a 10 but I won't know for some years. Cons: The seats are a bit awkward, it's smaller inside than my last car, no sunroof, gear ratios are a little low for my taste.

Awesome Car
By Jim on 02/16/06 17:21 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is our family's third Subbie, and still impressed. My WRX is more fun to drive, has great performance, handling and fuel mileage. A perfect car for Western PA driving. Love the interior and refinements of climate control, sun roof, heated leather sport seats. And the awesome WR Blue color. Super Fun Car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.