2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Go drive it!
By Mathias on 06/19/06 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is an awesome car. Looked at the Mazda 3, Hyundai Tiburon, Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, Ford Focus, and more. The Impreza is in a class by itself, and sells for about the same price as the others given the amount of standard options. Very safe car with AWD for the winter season and a blast to drive. I can't say enough good things about it. Anyone considering a sedan for under $20K needs to check this out. Keep in mind the mechanical advantage over the competition (ie: AWD and the boxer engine).

FUN 2 DRIVE
By GRAY on 06/14/06 19:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have wanted a WRX for some time now, but could not afford one. Subaru offered a sweet lease deal on the 2.5i that we couldn't pass up. $199 a month with NO money down (4yr. lease). It turned out to be a really fun car to drive. Felt sorry for the salesman during my test drive. He had to hang on tight a couple of times. But hey, it was MY test drive! Great build quality.

good car
By james on 06/13/06 20:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

So far car has been nice. But itÂ’s not as comfortable with 5 people in it even with 3 being kids. But for me it is only a second car and used mainly to get back and forth from work. This car has been a nice surprise, going from my Jeep Grand Cherokee. That I loved (just not the many trips to the gas stations) but going to this has not been too bad. I miss some toys but this car has a lot more sporty of a ride. So far so good.

WHEELS DOWN
By Sharon on 06/12/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in a Land Rover and I am ecstatic about my new Subie! The gas mileage alone makes me want to drive more. I customized it with my Yakima rack system and a few stickers and it is now ready for the trek across the country. I can't wait for the drive.

Fun to drive!
By yotuki on 06/07/06 18:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is a kick in the pants to drive. I've had it for 3 months, and it's been nothing but pleasurable. Performance wise, the car has a lot of power, and is very nimble; cornering is fun, as is taking it on a windy road. The build quality is good, but I've noticed a few rattles. The clear plastics that cover the gauges and stereo scratch a little too easily, so be careful. Minor annoyances aside, it's a great car at a great price point. I wouldn't hesitate recommending this car to anyone.

Fun little critter...
By John on 06/02/06 13:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have barely had the WRX Wagon long enough to break it in. The mix of strong performance, great handling, full time all wheel drive, large brakes, lots of front seat head room, adequate back seat room for two, a wagon tail end (with no sacrifice to handling or speed) is very attractive for a car priced in the low to mid-twenties. The new 2.5L motor gives better around town drivability than the previous motor and gives great 'get out of my way' acceleration. ;-)

What a great car...
By Cabriniman on 05/24/06 21:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is such a great car! I have been looking for an all-around performer that is easy on the wallet and this is it. I don't know of any other cars in which you get a four door, turbo charged, all wheel drive, reliable, and super fun ride for around $23,000. I test drove a 2005 WRX last summer and was sorely disappointed. Way too much turbo lag. The 2006 virtually eliminates that problem and you have more choices. I love that this car is a "stealth speeder" without the spoiler too. This car has a great ride and handles well. I actually get decent gas mileage too (25-27 regularly). I highly recommend at least a test drive as I was completely blown away with the 2006!

Great Little Machine
By pdxtomct on 05/16/06 09:44 AM (PDT)

I came over to Subaru from the VW GTI looking for improved build quality and AWD grip. My first Subaru was a 2005 Legacy GT... a very comfortable, fast, luxury sedan. It was a bit too big for me and didn't offer much utility. The Limited WRX wagon has it all for me. Great AWD performance and handling, decent fuel economy, incredible utility, nice looks and solid construction. The biggest drawback is road noise. If you want a quiet ride, look elsewhere. Otherwise, I recommend this car.

Unique in its class
By canadian-awd on 05/08/06 15:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've put on about 5,000 miles since purchasing. So far, the car's been great in all conditions--comfortable cruising at highway speeds, and fun through twisty back roads. A lot of rare features in a class of mostly cookie-cutter cars - boxer engine, symmetrical awd, versatile 4 door hatchback style. Combined with best-in-class crash safety, a sporty ride and handling, and decent fuel economy, the Impreza has been a good choice for me.

I love it. I seriously Love it
By agphoto on 04/27/06 14:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I needed a wagon. I'm a photographer. But I didn't want a large wagon, when I checked out the new WRX wagon I was very impressed by the engine upgrades. I like the 04/05 body style better, but the new style grows on you very fast. The performance is fantastic, acceleration is incredible. and the handling superb ( would benefit from front/rear sway bars and possibly lowering springs). Overall, I wouldn't give this car up for anything. It's perfect in my eyes.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.