Fun Car
By porkfarm on
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I chose this over the EVO MR, because of the interior and the cruise control. I do have to admit that the EVO MR looked better from the outside; then again, I canít see the outside when I am driving. STi is definitely built for the fun/excitement factor, not for comfort. It took a few days for me get use to that much hp and turbo and control, but now, it puts a smile on my face every time I step into the car. This or the EVO probably are the best performance machines (ignoring the comfort) for a sub $40k purchase. Definitely a car to consider before having kids. Other cars I considered were G35, 330i, TL, IS350, GTO, Cobra, 350Z.
Favorite Features
The control, acceleration, excellent breaking, 6sp, HID, DCCD (never took it out of auto), IC water spray (never used it), brought fun and excitement to daily commute.
Suggested Improvements
Bigger gas tank (no problem on the gas mileage, but only 200 miles between each fill up is a bit tedious). Other than that, rest is expected from a high performance car: tires, gas, high maintenance cost, very high insurance, speeding tickets etc.