2006 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: 06 SE Outback Sport

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Review

06 SE Outback Sport
By Erin on

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just traded in a 2.5 XT Forester for this 06 Outback Sport. I love the car. The Forester isn't truly a fair comparison due to size and HP differences. But overall, I am pleased with the Outback Sport. I love Subarus and probably will never drive anything else but they need to fix the seats in the Outback Sport, they are a little narrow (I am not large by any means but found them tight on long trips). I also had a whistling that occurred when I exceeded about 60 mph. I figured it was the roof rack (I added on a Yakima). That doesn't happen on other Subies that I know of.

6 CD, extra audio equipment, exterior styling, HP to car weight ratio is good. Reliable. Okay gas mileage.

The seats need to have options, not everyone wants sport seats, a dog gate for the back end would be great, and also the sound from the roof rack is a little irritating. I guess it gives you the opportunity to use the upgraded amp and sub.