2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
06 Sti
By bullmonkey118 on 06/08/10 14:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

i bought this car heavily modified knowing it had issues for the price. i bought it for 18,000 with bad piston rings but it was what i was looking for since i wanted to do my own motor build. this car is very user friendly, parts are cheap, and you can get a ridiculous amount of horsepower for the everyday reliability. i drive this car more often than i do anything else and i don't think i could be happier with an all around everyday/ race car.

Best car I have ever had
By hotrodinc on 04/05/09 13:06 PM (PDT)

The STi is the perfect car for Idaho, its fun to drive in the summer and can go anywhere in the winter.

Lovin' it
By 1lap2go on 03/02/09 13:21 PM (PST)

This has been a great car. It is so much fun to drive, too bad the law doesn't let me experience this car to its fullest extend. Everything is well thought out. Can't get used to the new model so I'll stick with this one.

Best Car Under 40k
By rpol8052 on 12/05/07 09:12 AM (PST)

I bought this car as a "fun to drive commuter"...what a choice i made, This car is so fun that no matter where you are you just want to go over 100MPH. I have had other nice cars but I will never trade this car EVER!

Nothing ventured, everything gained.
By Shawn on 08/06/07 08:28 AM (PDT)

One tends to assume that something will be forfeited when buying a high performance sedan. The only thing sacrificed when purchasing the STI is MPG, and that's only half true. In no other car can you get impeccable performance, perfect reliability, comfort, style, and the camaraderie that you get from owning an STI. Even with performance mods to put the car at >300 AWHP, gas mileage remains above 20 mpg. Consider how much higher it would be if I did not drive over 90, everywhere!! This intrepid little car has never let me down, not while sideways on dirt roads looking out the wrong window, or taking a 270^ on ramp under full acceleration. Add 5 star crash rating and the STI is hands down, #1.

What mean gas mileage??
By BAIC AW STI on 04/13/07 21:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is everything that I expected and much more. Sure this car is nearly 2x the HP of any previous car I've owned, also the first AWD vehicle. But it drives just like I wanted my dream car to be, after many years it's finally mine! I was and still remained so thrilled to get and own it. Acceleration, cornering, braking - all top notch for just over $30K.

The drag strip will clear any doubt.
By elliot on 03/27/07 10:04 AM (PDT)

Rev it up to 7K RPM, dump the clutch and everybody will have to play catch up including some modified cars. I had my doubts of its performance, but a trip to the local drag strip took care of it. I was highly impressed (13.4) of its performance for an unmodified car. It outperformed Evo, GTO, Mustang, Firebird, mod 350z, mod cobalt SS and several others; couldn't ask for more.

Fun Car
By porkfarm on 01/18/07 15:49 PM (PST)

I chose this over the EVO MR, because of the interior and the cruise control. I do have to admit that the EVO MR looked better from the outside; then again, I canít see the outside when I am driving. STi is definitely built for the fun/excitement factor, not for comfort. It took a few days for me get use to that much hp and turbo and control, but now, it puts a smile on my face every time I step into the car. This or the EVO probably are the best performance machines (ignoring the comfort) for a sub $40k purchase. Definitely a car to consider before having kids. Other cars I considered were G35, 330i, TL, IS350, GTO, Cobra, 350Z.

Gone, Sold, Amazed
By KJ on 01/11/07 07:49 AM (PST)

I am a 40 year old man who has brought several cars/trucks back from the dead to a better than stock finish. I have enjoyed the muscle cars of the late 60's mainly and several foreign cars & trucks. I can honestly say I have never driven a bone stock car or any of my creations or creations of my friends that just flat out amazed me. BUT THIS CAR DID. For the money I still can't believe how good this car goes and handles. I sometimes go back and look at the blacktop to verify I'm not picking it up off the ground. I love this car on back roads especially, we ave plenty of them in WV. I just wish they had some type of license here that if you passed the test you could drive as fast as you want.

Simply Amazing
By TheEnthusiast on 12/24/06 14:37 PM (PST)

This is simply an amazing car. The base line performance of it is enough to take to the track alone. Adding a few light mods such as a turbo-back exhaust and a BOV increase the performance surprisingly well. It's a car for someone who wants a rocket, and can handle it. Not for consumer influenced drivers who want a comfortable quiet ride. It pulls hard, and it sacrifices sound protection to lighten the car with a thin roof. Sound system is good in my opinion, yet it's hard to hear over the exhaust, I take pride in that. VERY fun to drive, handles well, accelerates hard, stops in no time. It generally makes me happy.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.