Used 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Great Little Machine
By pdxtomct

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I came over to Subaru from the VW GTI looking for improved build quality and AWD grip. My first Subaru was a 2005 Legacy GT... a very comfortable, fast, luxury sedan. It was a bit too big for me and didn't offer much utility. The Limited WRX wagon has it all for me. Great AWD performance and handling, decent fuel economy, incredible utility, nice looks and solid construction. The biggest drawback is road noise. If you want a quiet ride, look elsewhere. Otherwise, I recommend this car.

Favorite Features

The combination of performance, handling and utility at this price is unsurpassed.

Suggested Improvements

Needs MP3 capability and iPod input, a stiffer rear sway bar and a less flimsy interior. Biggest improvement would be improved sound dampening. This car can be quite noisy on the freeway/highway.

I Love My Suby.
By JSenak

This is the second Subaru I have owned and I love em. The AWD system is awesome and the handling is quite fun. The body does roll a bit around curves, but once you figure out the balance and how to shift the weight, it is smooth. I love the power and the performance as well as the practicality of a wagon. I like the new look of the 06's, however many other cars out there have a similar front end, and although there is a lot of space inside, it feels kind of cramped. The gears are a bit ruff at times and shifting into reverse is stiff.

Favorite Features

The handling of an AWD car always surprises me. It can corner easily and takes some curves better than other front and rear drive cars I have driven. I also like the gauges and display layout.

Suggested Improvements

Something to improve upon would be the interior. It has a lot of space but feels cramped. Im a short person and not very big, but even I feel like everything wraps around me. Another thing to look at would be the manual transmission. It feels kind a ruff getting it into gear sometimes.

Subaru WRX
By mary lou

I drive a 2005 WRX, awesome car! AWD handling, extreme acceleration, and very solid for a small car.

Favorite Features

Front styling, solid feel, acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Need to streamline the back, too boxy. Bought the car because I had a 2004 and loved it.

Fun to drive!
By yotuki

This car is a kick in the pants to drive. I've had it for 3 months, and it's been nothing but pleasurable. Performance wise, the car has a lot of power, and is very nimble; cornering is fun, as is taking it on a windy road. The build quality is good, but I've noticed a few rattles. The clear plastics that cover the gauges and stereo scratch a little too easily, so be careful. Minor annoyances aside, it's a great car at a great price point. I wouldn't hesitate recommending this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Performance wise, I couldn't ask for more. And the 6-CD changer is great. I also love the heated leather seats, and the sunroof. I got the cargo bin for the back, and that is really nice too. It keeps all my junk from rolling around when I'm doing some "spirited" driving.

Suggested Improvements

Clear plastics shouldn't scratch so easily. iPod/MP3 minijack input. Some of the interior plastics seem to scuff up easy too, which I noticed around the seatbelt mount on the drivers left shoulder. I guess it must be from where I grab the seatbelt.

Fun in the sun
By kevin kereluik

What a joy to drive; not only did I shave 20 minutes off my 2 hour commute, but I truly enjoy the drive. The acceleration, even when already in fifth gear is impressive. At the dealership I was not intending to purchase the WRX, however a 5 minute test drive left me wanting more time behind the wheel.

Favorite Features

Horsepower and handling.