2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Absolutely Love this Car!
By WRXracer256 on 02/26/09 13:12 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had this car for about 3 and a half years and it now has 55,611 miles on it. I must say that this car is a beast. I love how it handles, accelerates, and brakes. It works wonderfully in the NJ snowstorms and can launch to 60 in under 5 seconds. The mileage is ok, but that's what you get for a turbocharged vehicle. I get about 18MPG all around on 93 Octane (Shell V-Power). I have driven this car around the country and have never doubted its reliability once. It has never left me stuck and has always brought me to point B safely. I recommend this car to everybody who enjoys a 5SPD and whiplash inducing thrust.

Too much fun
By Leif_in_seattle on 12/04/06 11:09 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Iíve been driving my WRX wagon for about two weeks now and Iím more impressed with it every day. The overall road feel and driver interface is amazing. Steering is precise, and acceleration is exhilarating, even before the turbo kicks in. Previous versions of the WRX were plagued by a pronounced turbo lag and lame torque at lower RPMs, but the new 2.5L engine in the í06 distributes power across a much wider band. It still jumps at 3500-4000 RPMs when the turbo kicks in, but itís quicker off the line with a much smoother transition into the turbo burst, resulting in a more even, muscular acceleration. The AWD enables it to handle great on all surfaces and under all conditions.

Best Bang for the Buck
By Mikey Mike on 10/02/06 18:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have only owned the car for 1 week as of today and I am very impressed. I am trading down from an Audi TT roadster 225hp (lease). I don't even consider it trading down, since the Subaru out performs my Audi (seriously). I purchased the car as a 2006 left over so I got a great deal on it ($21,000). If you are looking to buy a sports car with the functionality of a wagon look no further. 0-60mph in the low to mid 5 second range in for under $25k...enough said. I am so happy with this car.

Sleeper Wagon
By D on 08/10/06 10:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've waited a few months to review this car as I thought my initial enthusiasm might diminish. But, it hasn't! I still look forward to driving my car everyday. This vehicle has the perfect mix, with the practicality of a wagon but the performance of a rally car. AWD is a major safety and performance point (I'll have a hard time ever going back to 2WD, if I ever do). I put in the STi short throw shifter and would absolutely insist on it for any WRX owners out there. Subaru roof rack allows for bike rack and Rocket Box, while cargo area kennels a large dog easily. Roof rack whistle was a problem on past Subarus, but they seem to have fixed the problem as I haven't heard anything.

Fun little critter...
By John on 06/02/06 13:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have barely had the WRX Wagon long enough to break it in. The mix of strong performance, great handling, full time all wheel drive, large brakes, lots of front seat head room, adequate back seat room for two, a wagon tail end (with no sacrifice to handling or speed) is very attractive for a car priced in the low to mid-twenties. The new 2.5L motor gives better around town drivability than the previous motor and gives great 'get out of my way' acceleration. ;-)

I love it. I seriously Love it
By agphoto on 04/27/06 14:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I needed a wagon. I'm a photographer. But I didn't want a large wagon, when I checked out the new WRX wagon I was very impressed by the engine upgrades. I like the 04/05 body style better, but the new style grows on you very fast. The performance is fantastic, acceleration is incredible. and the handling superb ( would benefit from front/rear sway bars and possibly lowering springs). Overall, I wouldn't give this car up for anything. It's perfect in my eyes.

Fun and practical
By lamtrc on 01/17/06 16:57 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

200hp+ cars nowadays are a dime for a dozen, but not many get it all in one package. The WRX Wagon is compact enough for city dwellers, yet it can swallow a couple extra pieces of luggage or that big-screen tv. Please try that with the new Civic Si. AWD for extra traction in rain or light snow. Roof-rack for a kayak or ski trip. It is no M5 or Corvette, but performance and handling are superb for the price. Can't find anything else like that for $25,000. Unless you are into brands, forget about that 325xi wagon and get the WRX. Then, put the money that you just save in a mutual fund account. One big drawback for young buyers is high insurance costs.

Very Fun & Practical
By brian on 10/27/05 14:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love to drive my WRX. It handles great, and the wagon has enough room to make runs to the hardware store. Main complaint is the slight turbo lag. Otherwise the car is great for roadtrips and is built rock solid.

Honda to Subaru, Never going back
By LLL on 10/15/05 02:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had a '99 Honda Civic Si for the past 3 years. It was a great car and fun to drive but it was getting long in the tooth. This WRX is wonderful. The 2006 is much nicer than the 2005. I was sold on the '06 the second I drove it. Drive both the '05 and '06 before you buy. Those few numbers difference in the performance make a huge difference. If you can live with the front end it will grow on you and it is a much nicer car than the 2005 WRX.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.