2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
No worries mate
By Brunte48 on 08/01/09 23:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

No problems at all so far. It has been driven 40,000 miles and pulled (behind RV) another 10,000. All 4 tires just replaced, besides that, nothing but oil changes. Never below 25 MPG and only a couple of times above 30 MPG - good but not FANTASTIC.

Good gas mileage
By Brunte48 on 10/01/07 20:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We had a 2006 Forester, but it was automatic and we needed manual for behind RV towing. We are really happy with the car. We've never seen lower MPG than 29 and never above 33. (32.5 would be @ 70-80 mph driving from coast to coast) Ony 2 issues: slow driving, like 10 mph in a campground is an unpleasant experience (jerky, very jerky). Passenger seat belt locks and stops my wife from reaching anything on the floor or glove compartment. I expect that issue to be fixed at next service, but the jerky slow driving is a "built in" feature.

Like it more every day!
By JeffNColorado on 01/07/07 07:37 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very reluctantly traded my 100% trusty 2002 Toyota for this vehicle. Soon wondered why I had bought the Toy in the first place. This is our third Subaru, the last making it 81,000 miles with no repairs. This Outback is solid, sturdy, and fun to drive. I love the versatility of the wagon; so handy. Construction is excellent; no squeaks or rattles. Have to be patient with it on mountain roads - I just leave it in fourth. Beats my Dad's BMW 330xi 4x4 in snow and steering hands down. Fit and finish excellent. Currently 2,642 miles. I drive a LOT on the highway, it is very adequate. Don't expect to pass unless it's flat - engine gets wound up and sounds like an over-revved sewing machine.

overall impression
By road ninja on 07/26/06 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive. Now put on 3,500 miles. Awesome road handling. Nice heavy duty suspension - handles off road bumps incredibly. Decent fuel mileage avg. 26mpg. Front bumper is too low - bottoms out if not careful. Exterior paint chips too easily - front plastic bumper absorbs road debris. Very jerky manual transmission when maintaining slow speed. 1st gear take off power is very weak, yet in all gears when passing 3500rpms acceleration picks up! Upgraded sound system is ok, not impressive; the stereo reception is not the best. Low fuel warning light is inconsistent. Some wind noise, overall love the vehicle am content. still worth the purchase - good price. AWD system is great!

Roof Rack
By Gary Anderson on 03/15/06 07:39 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I purchased my 2006 Outback Sport it made a whistling noise when I drove over 40 mph. I took it back to the dealer's shop and was told no problem. They would put a diffuser in the rack and it would take care of the whistle. I went back to pick up the vehicle and as soon as I got up to 40 mph it still whistled. I went back to the shop they told me to bring it back the next day. When I went back they told me Subaru had made and error in the design and as soon as it was fixed they would call me. Three months laster I called and was told by the service department that their was no fix for the problem.

Glad That We Selected This Vehicle
By Don Mills on 11/16/05 20:00 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After what seemed to be an endless search for a new vehicle we purchased a 2006 Outback Sport with a 5 speed manual transmission. We have been driving it for several weeks and like it better all the time. The fuel economy has been better than we had expected. So far, the worst has been 26.5 mpg and the best 29.6 mpg. This has been in our normal day-to-day driving and does not include any long highway trips. Compared to the new cars that we have owned in the past, the build quality is excellent. We have noticed only one small problem, a defective seam in one tail light unit which allows water to enter while going through the car wash. To drive it is to enjoy it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.