2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
I Love My Suby.
By JSenak on 08/27/06 14:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the second Subaru I have owned and I love ’em. The AWD system is awesome and the handling is quite fun. The body does roll a bit around curves, but once you figure out the balance and how to shift the weight, it is smooth. I love the power and the performance as well as the practicality of a wagon. I like the new look of the 06's, however many other cars out there have a similar front end, and although there is a lot of space inside, it feels kind of cramped. The gears are a bit ruff at times and shifting into reverse is stiff.

Fun to drive!
By yotuki on 06/07/06 18:08 PM (PDT)

This car is a kick in the pants to drive. I've had it for 3 months, and it's been nothing but pleasurable. Performance wise, the car has a lot of power, and is very nimble; cornering is fun, as is taking it on a windy road. The build quality is good, but I've noticed a few rattles. The clear plastics that cover the gauges and stereo scratch a little too easily, so be careful. Minor annoyances aside, it's a great car at a great price point. I wouldn't hesitate recommending this car to anyone.

Great Little Machine
By pdxtomct on 05/16/06 09:44 AM (PDT)

I came over to Subaru from the VW GTI looking for improved build quality and AWD grip. My first Subaru was a 2005 Legacy GT... a very comfortable, fast, luxury sedan. It was a bit too big for me and didn't offer much utility. The Limited WRX wagon has it all for me. Great AWD performance and handling, decent fuel economy, incredible utility, nice looks and solid construction. The biggest drawback is road noise. If you want a quiet ride, look elsewhere. Otherwise, I recommend this car.

Fun in the sun
By kevin kereluik on 01/04/06 14:59 PM (PST)

What a joy to drive; not only did I shave 20 minutes off my 2 hour commute, but I truly enjoy the drive. The acceleration, even when already in fifth gear is impressive. At the dealership I was not intending to purchase the WRX, however a 5 minute test drive left me wanting more time behind the wheel.

Subaru WRX
By mary lou on 09/11/05 22:51 PM (PDT)

I drive a 2005 WRX, awesome car! AWD handling, extreme acceleration, and very solid for a small car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.