2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Sweet
By Joe on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it used with 48,000 miles. Had to replace the front axle and rear window (rear defroster wasn't working) but it was all covered by the dealership's extended warranty. I get about 28 mpg regularly, and it accelerates like crazy. The manual transmission is nice and crisp.

Impreza 2.5i M5 Wagon
By ZB on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is an update to my first submission on 9/12/2005. We have since acquired 116,000 trouble free miles on our 2006 2.5i M5 Impreza Wagon. There have been zero mechanical issues with the vehicle since purchased new. Fuel economy ranges from 28 - 32 mpg in mixed driving. Brake pads and rotors were changed twice once at 64k and once at 100k miles. Timing belt,battery,water pump, struts and springs replaced at 109k miles. Overall we have been very happy with our Subaru and intend to keep this vehicle for another 150k miles. We are so happy with Subaru's we bought an '08 for my wife and I inherited this car.

First Subaru
By Derek on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2004 Lancer Ralliart before this with alot of mods, but got into a non-fault collision. I then settled for a Subaru because it was either Mitsu or Subi. I absolutely love this vehicle. It's not as fast as my Lancer was, but i also had more stuff in it than the Impreza. Things i don't like about this car is that aftermarket parts are extremely limited. Aside from aftermarket parts, this car is absolutely fantastic to drive. Hauls big time, and looks sleek and sexy. Interior is a great design, and my favorite feature is the shape of the headlights and front end. It's too bad they didn't have a clutch that can take a beating.

Great Car
By chrismr on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new in June '06 and has 84,000 miles. Could not be more happy with this car. It's a blast to drive and great in snow. It rides and handles like the day I drove it off the lot. Excellent fit and finish. No problems with the car ever.

Great car but Pain in the back
By rjsps40 on 09/08/10 06:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used in February with 52,000 miles on it. I haven't driven it very far just around town/errands, etc. I took a 2 hour trip in the car and all the niceties in handling/reliability paled as the seat was so uncomfortable, a week later am still experiencing low back pain.

Revisited Foul Weather Friend
By James on 03/31/10 10:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Since my last review, I have more miles on the car almost 85k and no major problems, just routine maintenance. One minor problem has been the front hood latch no catching, I loosened the screws, moved the latch mechanism up about 1-2millimeters and it works fine now. I did purchase the vehicle after the lease.

Awsome Handling Car
By Nick on 02/15/10 19:07 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Subaru. It grips the road effortlessly no matter what the conditions are. It goes through snow with ease. Power is lacking from what I want. I have a non turbo and it feels like I have to push the car to get it up to speed on the on ramps, then again I'm 18 and I can never go fast enough. If you don't have a lead foot it's fine. The front seat is very comfy and still felt comfortable after a 3 hour drive. Back seats are okay and my 6' brother can fit. The interior has a basic design and look adequate. I have had only one problem with my Subaru. If forget to put on your gas cap your check engine light and cruse light will turn on. I went to the dealership and they took care of it.

Great Car!
By Willa on 01/22/10 16:57 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first ever "brand new" car, and I have had an awful lot of fun driving it. It's zippy, and sporty, and the 6 speaker sound system really rocks! There have been times when the engine is so quiet I've forgotten the car is still running. My dog loves this car too! I typically drive with only the 40% backseat in place, so he gets a lot of space.

No worries mate
By Brunte48 on 08/01/09 23:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

No problems at all so far. It has been driven 40,000 miles and pulled (behind RV) another 10,000. All 4 tires just replaced, besides that, nothing but oil changes. Never below 25 MPG and only a couple of times above 30 MPG - good but not FANTASTIC.

Absolutely Love this Car!
By WRXracer256 on 02/26/09 13:12 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had this car for about 3 and a half years and it now has 55,611 miles on it. I must say that this car is a beast. I love how it handles, accelerates, and brakes. It works wonderfully in the NJ snowstorms and can launch to 60 in under 5 seconds. The mileage is ok, but that's what you get for a turbocharged vehicle. I get about 18MPG all around on 93 Octane (Shell V-Power). I have driven this car around the country and have never doubted its reliability once. It has never left me stuck and has always brought me to point B safely. I recommend this car to everybody who enjoys a 5SPD and whiplash inducing thrust.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.