2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Quick small sedan with a crappy interior
By mitchell on 04/12/10 21:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Owned the car for about 5 months so far. Before i bought it the dealership did rear pads and rotors along with timing belt replacement. It got horribly gas mileage in the winter time, i do a short commute, and let the car warm up, but i have never got this bad gas mileage. about 230 kms per 35-40 liters of premium. All seemed well until i had to replace both front wheel bearings a month ago, costing me over $1000 at a Subaru dealership. I suspect not many other repairs in the near future, and seems quite solid overall.

Impreza 2.5 I hatchback, manual
By arvid on 03/16/09 07:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as a "micro SUV" -- the 2006 RAV4 had only an automatic and was $4000 more. Handling is great; the Impreza moves confidently through snow and heavy rains on hilly roads. With a roof rack, transport capacity is terrific. With some planning, and multiple trips, I can move most the loads that a pickup can take. I tow a 1500 pound camper (towing capacity is 2400 lbs -- largest in this group). The one drawback is lower MPG. I am getting mid 20s. My previous car was a 96 Saturn sedan, which was getting in the mid 30s, but did not have the power, or handling in snow.

I'm impressed
By A guy on 09/19/07 21:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2006 Impreza 2.5i almost a year ago now. So far the car has remained reliable and cheap to maintain. I had a minor problem with the exhaust plumbing that was fixed under warranty, but other than that just oil changes and an alignment. The car has enough power to have spirited acceleration. The turn-in is sharp and precise; good steering feel, shifter is smooth and fluid, seats offer good support. The interior is a good driver's environment with excellent touch points. The car handles very well on both dry and wet pavement.

Go drive it!
By Mathias on 06/19/06 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is an awesome car. Looked at the Mazda 3, Hyundai Tiburon, Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, Ford Focus, and more. The Impreza is in a class by itself, and sells for about the same price as the others given the amount of standard options. Very safe car with AWD for the winter season and a blast to drive. I can't say enough good things about it. Anyone considering a sedan for under $20K needs to check this out. Keep in mind the mechanical advantage over the competition (ie: AWD and the boxer engine).

Good so far
By Good so far on 01/30/06 15:03 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a month ago. Positives: Quiet, fairly comfortable, great styling, AWD always good, and I like the outside temp gauge. Negatives: Rear seats don't fold down -- only small center split does, no trunk opener on electronic key device, cold weather operation to be desired (lagging start -- taking about 2-3 times longer to turn over, stiff manual transmission until warmed up). Overall not a bad car, but I wish I had done a little more shopping around to see what other buys were out there.

Great all around car
By liebling on 01/09/06 22:42 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.5i has more than ample power, handles like a dream, is amazingly quiet and is fun to drive. The AWD is a real asset when the roads are slick. The finish is quite nice, with no irregular gaps. There is plenty of interior plastic, but it doesn't look cheap. Nice interior, but the carpet could be of a better quality. Rear visibility is somewhat restricted. The chin sits low, and is easily scraped. The shifter is okay, but could be crisper. You lose a bit of feel with the hydraulically actuated clutch. Very good brakes. All in all, the car is not great in any single respect, but is more than adequate in every respect. It's a lot of car for the money.

Wish I bought a Honda Again
By I_wish_for_Civic on 01/04/06 13:51 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Only 2000 miles on the clock and I already need the rear end rebuilt. Not very impressed since this is the first Subaru I bought, considering I've had 8 Hondas with no problems.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.