2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Wonderful car
By smurf007blue on 02/12/08 09:02 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Limited 4dr Sedan AWD w/Off-Black Int. (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I suggest if you ever get the opportunity to buy this car and it is within your grasp, do it. It is a really reliable car so fun to drive. Keep in mind however it can take a little getting used to if you're tall.

Sweet ride for the money
By Jon on 06/13/07 11:49 AM (PDT)

My WRX is a fun yet very practical car. Although it does not have tons of power, it is very quick getting up to 80 which makes highway driving good. It has stable and precise steering. Gas mileage isn't great, but it beats most other AWD/4WD vehicles out there. The stock tires are not a good performance tire and are pretty crappy in snow. Not a lot of storage space, but not so small it is useless (I have the sedan, the wagon would be a better choice for some). You can't beat it for the price.

Great performer/handler, fun/practical
By Mike on 10/12/06 13:17 PM (PDT)

Power and handling are excellent, but if you're used to a torquey V6 (Maxima in my case), the turbo-4 power delivery takes getting used to. WRX is, and feels, small and light. Sound system seems weak to me, but probably because my Maxima's was pretty good. Same with interior. It looks good, but after a while it feels a little econo, and there are rattles. My Maxima NEVER rattled. This car looks hot. Styling, wheels, spoiler, side sills. The Limited package could include more. Up in Legacy GT price range, but Legacy is probably a better buy. Outstanding all-around car (very fun!), but if you have a Maxima (or similar) and want a Subaru, Legacy GT might be a better choice.

GREAT CAR
By ato220 on 06/21/06 05:33 AM (PDT)

After driving this car for 3 months, I am still amazed at the direct connection between my right foot and a smile. I love it when any Mustangs or Camaros that pull up next to me at red lights, they fade quickly in the rear view mirror. If I were to find a downside to this powerful performance sedan, it would have to be gas mileage. I've averaged around 20 mpg, but then again this could be because that gas pedal is so addictive.

Awesome Car
By Jim on 02/16/06 17:21 PM (PST)

This is our family's third Subbie, and still impressed. My WRX is more fun to drive, has great performance, handling and fuel mileage. A perfect car for Western PA driving. Love the interior and refinements of climate control, sun roof, heated leather sport seats. And the awesome WR Blue color. Super Fun Car.

2006 Subaru WRX Best Road Car Ever
By Don Adams on 12/21/05 20:21 PM (PST)

I've had the Subaru 2006 WRX for 3000 miles. It's much faster then expressed via various web sites. Not much on the road can touch it. Easy handling. Kinda' drives itself. Power, handling, easy to control the car, decent mileage and just OH so much fun to drive. I've driven Mustangs and other power cars, only thing better then the WRX is the WRX STi!

Sweet ride
By DT on 12/19/05 00:13 AM (PST)

I never really thought of getting a WRX. I looked into getting a Mazdaspeed 6 and a Lancer Evo but when the price got out of hand I started looking into it. For the money it's an awesome car. Not only is it fun to drive, the handling is awesome.

LOVE it!
By alex on 12/13/05 13:09 PM (PST)

I just bought this car and I LOVE it. It drives so smooth, the seats are comfortable and the build is great. It's the perfect balance of sports car and comfy sedan. I'm so excited to drive it. I got the Limited and the leather is very nice. Love the heated seats. ;)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.