2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Felt I was ripped off
By Fastwrx415 on 10/18/09 00:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's been an amazing car, really fun to drive, quick response, no turbo lag, AWD and need I say more. I've put in over $4k in mods. and it's a beast.

A must have
By amoeba on 05/26/09 22:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned this car for 3 yrs now. Drove it stock for 2yrs and modified this last yr. With $2k worth of upgrades - this is a beast with 300 lbft of torque. Have driven it over mountain passes in Colorado in blizzard conditions without issues. Insane handling on any type of road with the right set of tires. Only regret is that I should have bought the STI at the time for the bullet proof 6 sp transmission. (only required if you plan to upgrade to >400hp)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR
By d on 11/30/08 18:25 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my daily driver and I couldn't ask for a better, more reliable vehicle. Dependable in all weather, fun to just cruise or get to where you need to be in a hurry. MPG are respectable depending on driving style and the car is very versatile. I own several motorcycles so I threw a hitch on and due to the great torque, tow them to the track with no issues, or attach a mountain bike hauler into the receiver and head into the mountains. This car continues to make me smile after more than two years of ownership!!

WRX TR
By The Big Fungoo on 04/22/07 13:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fun to drive, great power and handling, good looks, good reliability. The ideal sporty car. Warp drive for less than $25,000.

This car is IT
By mike06tr on 12/04/06 16:07 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Man I love this car. After wanting one for few years, when the 06 with the 2.5 came out I jumped on it. With a couple minor bolt ons I am just as fast as cars costing twice as much. 13.30 1/4 mile@ 101mph not bad for $23k. My last car was a 460hp Mustang so I like power.

Little Red Ru Rocks!
By chef tim on 08/31/06 18:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We had a 2005 2.5 RS that we traded on our 2006 WRX TR. I was absolutely thrilled with the difference in performance. I have owned dozens of Subarus and my experience with new ones is just as pleasurable as with my older ones. We will continue to be loyal Subaru owners well into the future.

TR is disappointing
By JBiz on 07/15/06 00:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

For 23k the TR WRX is a very fast car. 0-60 in approximately 6 seconds. It's very fun to drive and I love all of the attention I get while driving it. If i had the chance to buy it all over again...I would upgrade to a Limited. I don't think I have enough love to spend $30k on an STi. I'd rather own a BMW if I were to spend $30k+.

Awesome Car!
By dave on 07/02/06 04:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car a month ago, and I love it even more now that when I bought it. It hauls and handles like a champ. It is just as sure footed in the rain too. The stock stereo and speakers are pretty wimpy, but other than that, this car is unbelievable!

Turner Ready
By DANO on 06/22/06 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Turner ready says it all. Excellent inexpensive platform to build on or just leave alone. Fun to drive and offers the wallet a break and the flexibility to add as funds become available. I would start with the brake cables, coil overs and then pipes. Easy to install and easier to enjoy.

What a great car...
By Cabriniman on 05/24/06 21:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is such a great car! I have been looking for an all-around performer that is easy on the wallet and this is it. I don't know of any other cars in which you get a four door, turbo charged, all wheel drive, reliable, and super fun ride for around $23,000. I test drove a 2005 WRX last summer and was sorely disappointed. Way too much turbo lag. The 2006 virtually eliminates that problem and you have more choices. I love that this car is a "stealth speeder" without the spoiler too. This car has a great ride and handles well. I actually get decent gas mileage too (25-27 regularly). I highly recommend at least a test drive as I was completely blown away with the 2006!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.