2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
06 Sti
By bullmonkey118 on 06/08/10 14:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

i bought this car heavily modified knowing it had issues for the price. i bought it for 18,000 with bad piston rings but it was what i was looking for since i wanted to do my own motor build. this car is very user friendly, parts are cheap, and you can get a ridiculous amount of horsepower for the everyday reliability. i drive this car more often than i do anything else and i don't think i could be happier with an all around everyday/ race car.

Best car I have ever had
By hotrodinc on 04/05/09 13:06 PM (PDT)

The STi is the perfect car for Idaho, its fun to drive in the summer and can go anywhere in the winter.

Lovin' it
By 1lap2go on 03/02/09 13:21 PM (PST)

This has been a great car. It is so much fun to drive, too bad the law doesn't let me experience this car to its fullest extend. Everything is well thought out. Can't get used to the new model so I'll stick with this one.

Best Car Under 40k
By rpol8052 on 12/05/07 09:12 AM (PST)

I bought this car as a "fun to drive commuter"...what a choice i made, This car is so fun that no matter where you are you just want to go over 100MPH. I have had other nice cars but I will never trade this car EVER!

Nothing ventured, everything gained.
By Shawn on 08/06/07 08:28 AM (PDT)

One tends to assume that something will be forfeited when buying a high performance sedan. The only thing sacrificed when purchasing the STI is MPG, and that's only half true. In no other car can you get impeccable performance, perfect reliability, comfort, style, and the camaraderie that you get from owning an STI. Even with performance mods to put the car at >300 AWHP, gas mileage remains above 20 mpg. Consider how much higher it would be if I did not drive over 90, everywhere!! This intrepid little car has never let me down, not while sideways on dirt roads looking out the wrong window, or taking a 270^ on ramp under full acceleration. Add 5 star crash rating and the STI is hands down, #1.

Fun Car
By porkfarm on 01/18/07 15:49 PM (PST)

I chose this over the EVO MR, because of the interior and the cruise control. I do have to admit that the EVO MR looked better from the outside; then again, I can’t see the outside when I am driving. STi is definitely built for the fun/excitement factor, not for comfort. It took a few days for me get use to that much hp and turbo and control, but now, it puts a smile on my face every time I step into the car. This or the EVO probably are the best performance machines (ignoring the comfort) for a sub $40k purchase. Definitely a car to consider before having kids. Other cars I considered were G35, 330i, TL, IS350, GTO, Cobra, 350Z.

Car Lover
By Blake on 12/06/06 19:25 PM (PST)

I bought my STi in November and I love it! Where can you get a car that goes 0-60 in 4.5 secs for less than $30,000. I traded a 06' Eclipse since it wasn't fast enough and didn't have AWD. The STi is the best car I have had and I have been through 3 in the last 3 years. I think the STi has the potential to be one of the fastest cars on the road if tuned and hooked up properly. I want at least 500hp and 475lbs of torque when all sudden done. The STi is a lean mean killing machine when it comes to acceleration and performance. Would not trade it in for nothing, oh and ah the EVO rode to shift and where else can you get a 6 spoke clutch from a stock car! Sorry EVO lovers but STI rules!

2007 STI is a Very Nice Ride...
By John on 11/08/06 11:14 AM (PST)

This is my second Subaru in 3 years, and I am sold on these cars. I had a 05 WRX wagon prior to this, and I loved it. This car however is in a whole 'nother league. Everything has been tightened up, and it handles like it's on rails. Of course with handling you give up comfort, but who cares. For a bone stock car this thing is really fast. I can see why this thing hangs with M3's. It's no slouch.. The Brembo brakes are a huge improvement over my WRX. Mileage around town stinks, but on the freeway it is not bad (around 25 @ 80). Stereo stinks, but I have a double din nav that is going in shortly. Only complaint is the wing. Not a big fan. Plus, cops and idiots seem to be drawn to it.

The Ultimate Car For Mountain Residents
By STier on 08/31/06 17:47 PM (PDT)

I live in the mountains of Southern California and I couldn't imagine that there is a car better suited for me. I've had this car for a year now and have had absolutely no problems with it. The car has insane power. Very comfortable and smooth on the freeway. The biggest bonus for me though, is that you can drive this car in snow! I've driven up to Big Bear with literally 3.5 ft. of snow on the ground without a single slip, no chains needed! This is the ultimate car to have if you live in the mountains.

Killer Grocery-Getter
By Ted on 04/26/06 17:40 PM (PDT)

I previously owned an 03 Mustang Cobra with over 500 HP, so I was a little concerned about taking a 200-horse beating ...however... this car is amazing. It handles like it's on rails, and the brakes will bloody your nose. I am happy I made the trade!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.