2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Love My Subaru
By MW3304 on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought with 33k on the clock. Can't go wrong with this one, peppy, planted, sips gas, good looking

06 Sti
By bullmonkey118 on 06/08/10 14:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

i bought this car heavily modified knowing it had issues for the price. i bought it for 18,000 with bad piston rings but it was what i was looking for since i wanted to do my own motor build. this car is very user friendly, parts are cheap, and you can get a ridiculous amount of horsepower for the everyday reliability. i drive this car more often than i do anything else and i don't think i could be happier with an all around everyday/ race car.

2006 2.5i - 60,000 miles in.
By turnersdad on 05/31/10 10:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have now had this car nearly 4 years of basically trouble free ownership. It has been a great commuter car. The AWD has been great in the Michigan winters, and the car has plenty of power even being a four cylinder. Gas mileage has averaged 22-24 mpg. This is our 2nd Subaru and has worked out well - enough so that we bought a 2010 forester last year. Just had first maintenance done for a cost of $900 - not bad for 4 years and 60,000 miles.

Great Little Car
By Woodbyrne on 05/26/10 12:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Got this used with 63k miles on it after losing my 2006 Vibe in a car accident. So far I am enjoying my purchase. My biggest gripe is that the back seat does not fold down but that was not enough to be a deal breaker for me. I just hate putting a trunk-mounted bike rack on the car. But it is a solid car. Very little road noise. Very good acceleration. Decent on gas but I knew it would not be great with the AWD. I would buy a Subaru again in a heartbeat but I am still nervous from buying it from a used car lot and not a Subaru dealer. Wish me luck.

Quick small sedan with a crappy interior
By mitchell on 04/12/10 21:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Owned the car for about 5 months so far. Before i bought it the dealership did rear pads and rotors along with timing belt replacement. It got horribly gas mileage in the winter time, i do a short commute, and let the car warm up, but i have never got this bad gas mileage. about 230 kms per 35-40 liters of premium. All seemed well until i had to replace both front wheel bearings a month ago, costing me over $1000 at a Subaru dealership. I suspect not many other repairs in the near future, and seems quite solid overall.

Felt I was ripped off
By Fastwrx415 on 10/18/09 00:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's been an amazing car, really fun to drive, quick response, no turbo lag, AWD and need I say more. I've put in over $4k in mods. and it's a beast.

A must have
By amoeba on 05/26/09 22:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX TR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned this car for 3 yrs now. Drove it stock for 2yrs and modified this last yr. With $2k worth of upgrades - this is a beast with 300 lbft of torque. Have driven it over mountain passes in Colorado in blizzard conditions without issues. Insane handling on any type of road with the right set of tires. Only regret is that I should have bought the STI at the time for the bullet proof 6 sp transmission. (only required if you plan to upgrade to >400hp)

Best car I have ever had
By hotrodinc on 04/05/09 13:06 PM (PDT)

The STi is the perfect car for Idaho, its fun to drive in the summer and can go anywhere in the winter.

Don't buy this car!!!
By Patricia Kuehl on 04/04/09 07:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Soon after purchase of this vehicle, I noticed that the paint degraded wherever bird droppings were, even after a few days. My car is midnight blue. I have attempted to remedy this through my dealership for over one year without resolution. I have not had this problem with my Toyota, Ford or Volvo. In forty years of owning cars I have not encountered this problem, nor such an unsatisfactory response from a company. It is a cute car and fun to drive, but don't be tempted.

Impreza 2.5 I hatchback, manual
By arvid on 03/16/09 07:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as a "micro SUV" -- the 2006 RAV4 had only an automatic and was $4000 more. Handling is great; the Impreza moves confidently through snow and heavy rains on hilly roads. With a roof rack, transport capacity is terrific. With some planning, and multiple trips, I can move most the loads that a pickup can take. I tow a 1500 pound camper (towing capacity is 2400 lbs -- largest in this group). The one drawback is lower MPG. I am getting mid 20s. My previous car was a 96 Saturn sedan, which was getting in the mid 30s, but did not have the power, or handling in snow.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.