Used 2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Really love this Subaru!
By Conner .S

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 impreza sedan in December of 2013 with 110000 miles on it for only $7000. What I don't like about this car is I found out that it the head gaskets were leaking coolant and I had to spend about a $1000 to replace them at the Subaru dealership just a week after I bought the car (this was a recall for Subaru's with the 2 and a half liter engine for this impreza body style). I have had this car for almost 2 years and have put 30000 miles on it and have had to only take it to the shop for only oil changes and getting tires rotated (Super reliable!) . The cars all wheel drive has allowed me to have so much fun in muding, sand drifting and ice skating (So Much Fun!). If you think you will ever go off of regular roads this car will have your back because it has given me the confidence to drive through 3 to 4 inches of mud and really soft sand. Some things that I don't really like about the car is it the road noise is pretty pronounced an it I usually get only 25 mpg in mixed driving when I'm not driving like a racer. With that said I absolutely love this car and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a daily driver with low maintenance cost, safety in mind, sporty looks, and all weather dependability.

Love My Subaru
By MW3304

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought with 33k on the clock. Can't go wrong with this one, peppy, planted, sips gas, good looking

AWD=outstanding grip in the corners, off the line, and in all weather conditions

2006 2.5i - 60,000 miles in.
By turnersdad

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have now had this car nearly 4 years of basically trouble free ownership. It has been a great commuter car. The AWD has been great in the Michigan winters, and the car has plenty of power even being a four cylinder. Gas mileage has averaged 22-24 mpg. This is our 2nd Subaru and has worked out well - enough so that we bought a 2010 forester last year. Just had first maintenance done for a cost of $900 - not bad for 4 years and 60,000 miles.

AWD and decent power. Economical choice.

Stereo is pretty weak, but that is a Subaru trade off.

Great Little Car
By Woodbyrne

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Got this used with 63k miles on it after losing my 2006 Vibe in a car accident. So far I am enjoying my purchase. My biggest gripe is that the back seat does not fold down but that was not enough to be a deal breaker for me. I just hate putting a trunk-mounted bike rack on the car. But it is a solid car. Very little road noise. Very good acceleration. Decent on gas but I knew it would not be great with the AWD. I would buy a Subaru again in a heartbeat but I am still nervous from buying it from a used car lot and not a Subaru dealer. Wish me luck.

173 HP engine is unreal for a "non performance" compact car. Most are in the 130 HP range. Solid handling and road manners. Looks sharp and is not a cookie cutter car. Subaru reliability I hope.

Probably already fixed by now with new models but I suggest a fold down rear seat. A real stereo system too.

Quick small sedan with a crappy interior
By mitchell

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Owned the car for about 5 months so far. Before i bought it the dealership did rear pads and rotors along with timing belt replacement. It got horribly gas mileage in the winter time, i do a short commute, and let the car warm up, but i have never got this bad gas mileage. about 230 kms per 35-40 liters of premium. All seemed well until i had to replace both front wheel bearings a month ago, costing me over $1000 at a Subaru dealership. I suspect not many other repairs in the near future, and seems quite solid overall.

power from the turbo, seating position ( can accommodate very tall drivers, i am 6'3" and the seat is not all the way back yet), frameless window/doors, AWD, very good looking

fold down rear seats, better interior materials (cheap plastic, worse than civic's), remote trunk popper, better stereo, paint that doesn't chip so easily, a little more rear seat room