Used 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Sweet
By Joe

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it used with 48,000 miles. Had to replace the front axle and rear window (rear defroster wasn't working) but it was all covered by the dealership's extended warranty. I get about 28 mpg regularly, and it accelerates like crazy. The manual transmission is nice and crisp.

Favorite Features

AWD and acceleration

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats

Impreza 2.5i M5 Wagon
By ZB

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is an update to my first submission on 9/12/2005. We have since acquired 116,000 trouble free miles on our 2006 2.5i M5 Impreza Wagon. There have been zero mechanical issues with the vehicle since purchased new. Fuel economy ranges from 28 - 32 mpg in mixed driving. Brake pads and rotors were changed twice once at 64k and once at 100k miles. Timing belt,battery,water pump, struts and springs replaced at 109k miles. Overall we have been very happy with our Subaru and intend to keep this vehicle for another 150k miles. We are so happy with Subaru's we bought an '08 for my wife and I inherited this car.

Favorite Features

Dependability! Ease of maintenance Adequate fuel economy low cost of ownership

Suggested Improvements

better noise isolation improve the audio system (its cheap)

First Subaru
By Derek

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2004 Lancer Ralliart before this with alot of mods, but got into a non-fault collision. I then settled for a Subaru because it was either Mitsu or Subi. I absolutely love this vehicle. It's not as fast as my Lancer was, but i also had more stuff in it than the Impreza. Things i don't like about this car is that aftermarket parts are extremely limited. Aside from aftermarket parts, this car is absolutely fantastic to drive. Hauls big time, and looks sleek and sexy. Interior is a great design, and my favorite feature is the shape of the headlights and front end. It's too bad they didn't have a clutch that can take a beating.

Favorite Features

Headlights, Hood, Front end, sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Taillight shape, larger modification ability for those not as fortunate with income as those with an STi or WRX. Better clutch.

Great car but Pain in the back
By rjsps40

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used in February with 52,000 miles on it. I haven't driven it very far just around town/errands, etc. I took a 2 hour trip in the car and all the niceties in handling/reliability paled as the seat was so uncomfortable, a week later am still experiencing low back pain.

Favorite Features

Performance/styling. It's a peppy little car and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Seats.. how about making a seat that doesn't cause major low back pain. I'm very disappointed in the car. I'm sure it will last and run a long time, just not with me. This is the worst seat of any car I've ever owned.

Love My subie
By jbkona

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my subie (pet name for subaru) This is the 4th subaru I have owned and they keep getting better and better. So zippy like a sports car. Love the turning radius can get in and out without 4 to 5 point turning. Love the cornering it's the best. Reliable and safe, I never worry about losing traction in our Hawaii downpours!!!

Favorite Features

Quick acceleration, stereo, comfort

Suggested Improvements

standard sun/moon roof, standard rear spoiler.