Used 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Don't buy this car!!!
By Patricia Kuehl

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Soon after purchase of this vehicle, I noticed that the paint degraded wherever bird droppings were, even after a few days. My car is midnight blue. I have attempted to remedy this through my dealership for over one year without resolution. I have not had this problem with my Toyota, Ford or Volvo. In forty years of owning cars I have not encountered this problem, nor such an unsatisfactory response from a company. It is a cute car and fun to drive, but don't be tempted.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, performs very well in rain.

Suggested Improvements

Improve paint quality, and consumer response.

Fantastic Ride!
By Love this car!!

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

If you're looking for a really fun car to drive with performance and good looks to spare- this is it. I was once considering purchasing the new Civic Si, but after driving both of them, it was a no-brainer. Great bang for buck value too. There are of course a few things I would improve upon, but overall I love this car.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling, great looks and the endless compliments from random people that see me driving it. Stereo sounds pretty good too - got it with the subwoofer option. Deceivingly large trunk space. Nice looking 17" wheels (comes stock) with painted brake calipers.

Suggested Improvements

More 12v accessory outlets - it only has one. Wish the whole back seat would fold down; only the center armrest folds down.

Best By Far
By Subaru Fan

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was looking at buying a new car and really never thought of the Subaru WRX. I actually went to the dealership on a random trip and test drove the WRX. I fell in love and quickly bought it afterwards. Driving it is the most fun I have had in a car. The larger engine cuts down on lag from the turbo and sometimes the acceleration can get away from you. The interior is great, and very easy to navigate, and the exterior looks amazing. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

I love the performance and styling. The red calipers are very nice. The handling is amazing and the interior is easy to figure out.

Suggested Improvements

The shifter is a little sticky at times and the vanity mirrors need lights. The Homelink system on the rear-view mirror is also tricky to figure out.

Muscle Car Convertee
By Over 40

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I needed to face the reality of a 100 mile round trip commute in New England weather. My aging Ford Ranger (winter) and Mustang GT (summer) had both served me well, but with gas prices, it was time to find a vehicle that could serve my year-round needs and my need for speed, as well. The 2006 WRX Limited is the perfect combination of power, agility,and handling. Subaru owners I have spoken with attest that these cars are very capable in the snow, and don't have the gas guzzling traits of SUV's. I have 600 miles on it in one week, and have seen 28 mpg highway, and 24 mpg with lots of around-town mixed in. As a lifelong GMC and American muscle fan, I am extremely impressed. A-1 quality!

Favorite Features

Air bags galore, Limited Edition offers creature comforts, 17" wheels and red calipers look sharp. Nice short shift throw is standard. Large fuel tank means less trips to the gas station, warranty includes brake pads, wipers. Heated wiper seat on windshield.

Suggested Improvements

Wife wants light on her vanity mirror.