2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Sweet
By Joe on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it used with 48,000 miles. Had to replace the front axle and rear window (rear defroster wasn't working) but it was all covered by the dealership's extended warranty. I get about 28 mpg regularly, and it accelerates like crazy. The manual transmission is nice and crisp.

Impreza 2.5i M5 Wagon
By ZB on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is an update to my first submission on 9/12/2005. We have since acquired 116,000 trouble free miles on our 2006 2.5i M5 Impreza Wagon. There have been zero mechanical issues with the vehicle since purchased new. Fuel economy ranges from 28 - 32 mpg in mixed driving. Brake pads and rotors were changed twice once at 64k and once at 100k miles. Timing belt,battery,water pump, struts and springs replaced at 109k miles. Overall we have been very happy with our Subaru and intend to keep this vehicle for another 150k miles. We are so happy with Subaru's we bought an '08 for my wife and I inherited this car.

First Subaru
By Derek on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2004 Lancer Ralliart before this with alot of mods, but got into a non-fault collision. I then settled for a Subaru because it was either Mitsu or Subi. I absolutely love this vehicle. It's not as fast as my Lancer was, but i also had more stuff in it than the Impreza. Things i don't like about this car is that aftermarket parts are extremely limited. Aside from aftermarket parts, this car is absolutely fantastic to drive. Hauls big time, and looks sleek and sexy. Interior is a great design, and my favorite feature is the shape of the headlights and front end. It's too bad they didn't have a clutch that can take a beating.

Great car but Pain in the back
By rjsps40 on 09/08/10 06:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used in February with 52,000 miles on it. I haven't driven it very far just around town/errands, etc. I took a 2 hour trip in the car and all the niceties in handling/reliability paled as the seat was so uncomfortable, a week later am still experiencing low back pain.

Love My subie
By jbkona on 10/16/08 23:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my subie (pet name for subaru) This is the 4th subaru I have owned and they keep getting better and better. So zippy like a sports car. Love the turning radius can get in and out without 4 to 5 point turning. Love the cornering it's the best. Reliable and safe, I never worry about losing traction in our Hawaii downpours!!!

Great Little Wagon
By Old Man on 03/20/08 18:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Have now had the Subaru for two years and loved it from the start. I guess that I am a lot older than most owners of this stick shift, being in my early 70's, but still like to "drive"! Although I would love the turbo, the naturally aspirated motor suits me fine, and there is enough get up and go for most occasions - not wanting get too many tickets!

Excellent small wagon
By IV on 08/06/06 19:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the car for a month and it has 1,200 miles on it. With more highway than city driving, I get between 28 and 31 mpg. I consider this excellent for an AWD vehicle and much better than what some of the other reviewers report. (This was a big unknown in my decision to purchase the Impreza). I test drove the Mazda 3 hatch twice and it felt 'heavy' compared to the Impreza (the Impreza is actually heavier). The 2.5i wagon has sharp handling and the ABS works well, I haven't had a chance to test the benefits of AWD in inclement weather. The cargo space is not huge but more than adequate, great with rear seats down. The sound of the boxer engine requires getting used to.

Overall a solid little wagon
By mck on 07/07/06 11:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for about three months now, and am overall quite pleased with it. I wanted something that handled well, got decent mileage, and could haul stuff in a pinch. I narrowed down my search to two vehicles with the other being the Mazda3. The Mazda had less cargo space and will not take a trailer hitch, and lacks roof rails, although it is slightly less expensive and reportedly gets better mileage. I recently subjected it to a 2,500 mile road trip and consistently got just above 31 mpg on the highway (and much of this was through the mountains of North Carolina with the AC on); in the city I got around 25.

Unique in its class
By canadian-awd on 05/08/06 15:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've put on about 5,000 miles since purchasing. So far, the car's been great in all conditions--comfortable cruising at highway speeds, and fun through twisty back roads. A lot of rare features in a class of mostly cookie-cutter cars - boxer engine, symmetrical awd, versatile 4 door hatchback style. Combined with best-in-class crash safety, a sporty ride and handling, and decent fuel economy, the Impreza has been a good choice for me.

Better than before
By Michael Squeo on 10/29/05 11:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Last car was an '02 Outback. The '06 has a much better engine and the transmission gearing on the 5-speed is much improved. It looks like they took about 350 - 400 RPMs off at 70mph, which makes for a better ride and improved mileage. By 1500 miles I hit 29 mpg and I'm hoping to hit 30 soon. The black and grey cloth interior is absolutely beautiful. EVERYONE comments about it. With the black exterior the car looks sharp. The standard exhaust system even sounds better, especially at low RPMs. There is no better bargain on the road today. Why no one else is building well priced AWD vehicles continues to amaze me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.