2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Sweet
By Joe on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it used with 48,000 miles. Had to replace the front axle and rear window (rear defroster wasn't working) but it was all covered by the dealership's extended warranty. I get about 28 mpg regularly, and it accelerates like crazy. The manual transmission is nice and crisp.

Impreza 2.5i M5 Wagon
By ZB on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is an update to my first submission on 9/12/2005. We have since acquired 116,000 trouble free miles on our 2006 2.5i M5 Impreza Wagon. There have been zero mechanical issues with the vehicle since purchased new. Fuel economy ranges from 28 - 32 mpg in mixed driving. Brake pads and rotors were changed twice once at 64k and once at 100k miles. Timing belt,battery,water pump, struts and springs replaced at 109k miles. Overall we have been very happy with our Subaru and intend to keep this vehicle for another 150k miles. We are so happy with Subaru's we bought an '08 for my wife and I inherited this car.

Love My Subaru
By MW3304 on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought with 33k on the clock. Can't go wrong with this one, peppy, planted, sips gas, good looking

First Subaru
By Derek on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2004 Lancer Ralliart before this with alot of mods, but got into a non-fault collision. I then settled for a Subaru because it was either Mitsu or Subi. I absolutely love this vehicle. It's not as fast as my Lancer was, but i also had more stuff in it than the Impreza. Things i don't like about this car is that aftermarket parts are extremely limited. Aside from aftermarket parts, this car is absolutely fantastic to drive. Hauls big time, and looks sleek and sexy. Interior is a great design, and my favorite feature is the shape of the headlights and front end. It's too bad they didn't have a clutch that can take a beating.

Great Car
By chrismr on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new in June '06 and has 84,000 miles. Could not be more happy with this car. It's a blast to drive and great in snow. It rides and handles like the day I drove it off the lot. Excellent fit and finish. No problems with the car ever.

Great car but Pain in the back
By rjsps40 on 09/08/10 06:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used in February with 52,000 miles on it. I haven't driven it very far just around town/errands, etc. I took a 2 hour trip in the car and all the niceties in handling/reliability paled as the seat was so uncomfortable, a week later am still experiencing low back pain.

06 Sti
By bullmonkey118 on 06/08/10 14:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 4dr Sedan AWD w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

i bought this car heavily modified knowing it had issues for the price. i bought it for 18,000 with bad piston rings but it was what i was looking for since i wanted to do my own motor build. this car is very user friendly, parts are cheap, and you can get a ridiculous amount of horsepower for the everyday reliability. i drive this car more often than i do anything else and i don't think i could be happier with an all around everyday/ race car.

2006 2.5i - 60,000 miles in.
By turnersdad on 05/31/10 10:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have now had this car nearly 4 years of basically trouble free ownership. It has been a great commuter car. The AWD has been great in the Michigan winters, and the car has plenty of power even being a four cylinder. Gas mileage has averaged 22-24 mpg. This is our 2nd Subaru and has worked out well - enough so that we bought a 2010 forester last year. Just had first maintenance done for a cost of $900 - not bad for 4 years and 60,000 miles.

Great Little Car
By Woodbyrne on 05/26/10 12:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Got this used with 63k miles on it after losing my 2006 Vibe in a car accident. So far I am enjoying my purchase. My biggest gripe is that the back seat does not fold down but that was not enough to be a deal breaker for me. I just hate putting a trunk-mounted bike rack on the car. But it is a solid car. Very little road noise. Very good acceleration. Decent on gas but I knew it would not be great with the AWD. I would buy a Subaru again in a heartbeat but I am still nervous from buying it from a used car lot and not a Subaru dealer. Wish me luck.

Quick small sedan with a crappy interior
By mitchell on 04/12/10 21:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Owned the car for about 5 months so far. Before i bought it the dealership did rear pads and rotors along with timing belt replacement. It got horribly gas mileage in the winter time, i do a short commute, and let the car warm up, but i have never got this bad gas mileage. about 230 kms per 35-40 liters of premium. All seemed well until i had to replace both front wheel bearings a month ago, costing me over $1000 at a Subaru dealership. I suspect not many other repairs in the near future, and seems quite solid overall.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.