Used 2006 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2006 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Really love this Subaru!
By Conner .S

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 impreza sedan in December of 2013 with 110000 miles on it for only $7000. What I don't like about this car is I found out that it the head gaskets were leaking coolant and I had to spend about a $1000 to replace them at the Subaru dealership just a week after I bought the car (this was a recall for Subaru's with the 2 and a half liter engine for this impreza body style). I have had this car for almost 2 years and have put 30000 miles on it and have had to only take it to the shop for only oil changes and getting tires rotated (Super reliable!) . The cars all wheel drive has allowed me to have so much fun in muding, sand drifting and ice skating (So Much Fun!). If you think you will ever go off of regular roads this car will have your back because it has given me the confidence to drive through 3 to 4 inches of mud and really soft sand. Some things that I don't really like about the car is it the road noise is pretty pronounced an it I usually get only 25 mpg in mixed driving when I'm not driving like a racer. With that said I absolutely love this car and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a daily driver with low maintenance cost, safety in mind, sporty looks, and all weather dependability.

Sweet
By Joe

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it used with 48,000 miles. Had to replace the front axle and rear window (rear defroster wasn't working) but it was all covered by the dealership's extended warranty. I get about 28 mpg regularly, and it accelerates like crazy. The manual transmission is nice and crisp.

AWD and acceleration

More comfortable seats

Impreza 2.5i M5 Wagon
By ZB

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is an update to my first submission on 9/12/2005. We have since acquired 116,000 trouble free miles on our 2006 2.5i M5 Impreza Wagon. There have been zero mechanical issues with the vehicle since purchased new. Fuel economy ranges from 28 - 32 mpg in mixed driving. Brake pads and rotors were changed twice once at 64k and once at 100k miles. Timing belt,battery,water pump, struts and springs replaced at 109k miles. Overall we have been very happy with our Subaru and intend to keep this vehicle for another 150k miles. We are so happy with Subaru's we bought an '08 for my wife and I inherited this car.

Dependability! Ease of maintenance Adequate fuel economy low cost of ownership

better noise isolation improve the audio system (its cheap)

Love My Subaru
By MW3304

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought with 33k on the clock. Can't go wrong with this one, peppy, planted, sips gas, good looking

AWD=outstanding grip in the corners, off the line, and in all weather conditions

First Subaru
By Derek

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2004 Lancer Ralliart before this with alot of mods, but got into a non-fault collision. I then settled for a Subaru because it was either Mitsu or Subi. I absolutely love this vehicle. It's not as fast as my Lancer was, but i also had more stuff in it than the Impreza. Things i don't like about this car is that aftermarket parts are extremely limited. Aside from aftermarket parts, this car is absolutely fantastic to drive. Hauls big time, and looks sleek and sexy. Interior is a great design, and my favorite feature is the shape of the headlights and front end. It's too bad they didn't have a clutch that can take a beating.

Headlights, Hood, Front end, sound system.

Taillight shape, larger modification ability for those not as fortunate with income as those with an STi or WRX. Better clutch.