2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Turbo lag is bad!

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5 RS Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Turbo lag is bad!
By Maverick777 on

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Subaru and second WRX. I bought it last October and loved it all through the winter. But driving it in the summer with the air on is like pulling teeth. I feel like I'm working it far too hard to get it to move. It drives me NUTS! We recently purchased a '04 Acura TL and its torque is addicting! I never have to worry about what gear I'm in like I do with my WRX. Also, I wanted heated seats, mirrors and a sunroof but couldn't get them. I also wanted to get rid of the roof rack. Who knew Saab would be selling the Subaru I really wanted?! This car will be leaving our fleet very soon to be replaced by an Infiniti G35 Coupe.

All wheel drive, Momo steering wheel. The STi shifter that came with the short throw shifter package about froze my hand off. But the leather one I paid $40 to replace it with is really nice.

Needs less Turbo Lag!!!! I was very aggrivated I couldn't get heated seats or mirrors and a sunroof unless I purchased the sedan. You can get them on the Outback wagon but not the WRX? Then the Saab thing happend and it all made sense. I'm ready for more and Subaru isn't selling it.