2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Swiss Army Knife on 4 wheels

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5 RS Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Swiss Army Knife on 4 wheels
By Aurora on

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned it for more than two years and I've got about 42,000 miles on it. I STILL look forward to my commute! I also end up volunteering to drive my friends everywhere. I really can't think of a better car to have purchased. It's done everything from weekend joyrides to moving an impossible loads. The performance and handling have gotten me out of trouble on the road that I might not have otherwise avoided. Reliability has been spotless other than a few glitches with the lock/unlock beeper. Slipping the clutch at 3000RPM produces little lag. Keep the RPMs above 4000 on a twisty road, and you discover the genuine gran-tourismo character of this car.

Favorite Features

Triumphant performance, utility, reliability, looks, comfort. It almost seems like whoever designed this car actually intended for it to be used. MPG isn't great, but for 227hp is uncommonly good. I get 28-29 with dedicated highway driving. AWD has pulled me out of deep snow.

Suggested Improvements

RE92s aren't the greatest. Wished they had a sunroof and seat heaters on my year. Interior material quality isn't the best - have to be careful with how you clean it!