2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Great Car

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

Outback Sport Special Edition Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Great Car
By Colorado Rural on

2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I commute 60 miles per day and was looking for economy car with a hatchback. I was considering the Toyota Prius, Honda Civic Si Wagon and the Subaru Impreza. I debated the WRX, but the turbo defeated the purpose of gas economy. The 2.5 engine has plenty of power for this little car and it zips along fine. I commute over a mountain pass everyday. I live at 7,000 ft. and used to be white knuckled when driving my old 4x4 truck in the snow. Not the case with the Impreza; handles great in winter weather. After driving it for 7,000 miles, I must say that I have had not one problem with it. Itís reliable, has great power, handles great, feels safe on the road, and was an excellent choice.

This car handles like a sports car. It has great power and corners better than my old Toyota Supra. Winter handling. The 260-watt stereo has excellent sound. Dimming dome light--a nice feature on an economy car.

A little more sporty look. Wish the car had a winter option with heated mirrors. DC outlets do not work when the engine isnít running. How about factory leather?

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review