Never Again
By xtrmr on
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car after researching it against its competitors and hearing that they were great cars. I owned the car from 6/05-8/06 and put 33k on it. The dealership got to know me on a first name basis over this time. Problem areas that I encountered: keyless entry+chirp replaced, got a nail in one of the tires and had to replace all 4= $700, overheated 2x on a short 500 mi trip - left stranded, exhaust manifold began to rattle - had to be re-welded on, leather wrapped steering wheel came undone after a month, rattling speaker on left side had to be replaced 3 times, inconsistent cruise control+/-15mph but dealership couldn't fix, and trunk release amongst a handful of other problems.
Favorite Features
Well, after all is said and done the car did have a good resale value, otherwise if you do buy one of these hope that there is a dealership nearby.
Suggested Improvements
I bought this car brand new and meticulously cared for it from day 1. Besides improving upon everything above, consider; completely synchronized gear box, better overall quality - especially in the durability and dent resistence of metal used, more storage, fold down rear seat, and reliability!