2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Perfect all around vehicle

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Review

Perfect all around vehicle
By Justin on

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I did a lot of research before buying my Subaru. I narrowed my choices to a Jeep Liberty, Mazda 3, Toyota Rav4, and the Subaru Impreza. The Impreza won out for a few reasons. I was looking for something that was good in the snow since I live in Minnesota. I was also looking for something that was good on gas, but could also be rugged and haul my camping gear. The Subaru Impreza was the perfect mix of everything I had wanted in a vehicle. It performed extremely well this winter in the snow. The car does better than an SUV for gas, but worse than most small cars. I am getting 23 city, 28hwy. Overall, I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Favorite Features

ALL WHEEL DRIVE IN THE SNOW! This car plows through snow with ease. The boxer engine "growl" is awesome. Roof rack adds a ton of versatility. The black woven cloth interior is the best I've seen yet for looks and durability. This car is fun to drive, looks great, and you can still haul lots of stuff.

Suggested Improvements

Stock stereo is kind of weak. Volume controls on the steering wheel would be nice. Deeper bucket seats.