May be the perfect car...
By maastrichtian on
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
Perfect blend of performance, utility, economy, reliability... Performance: 0-60 in ~6 sec (with AWD). Utility: AWD for off-road + rain/snow, >60 cu.ft. cargo capacity, decent ground clearance as opposed to many sports cars, allows you to navigate over bad roads or off road. Economy: I paid ~$22k & get ~25 miles per gallon fuel economy. Reliability: it's a Subaru! Everyone I've ever known who had Subarus still has them. Also nice is the long list of standard features: 6-disc in-dash cd player, side airbags, ABS brakes (saved me from a wreck about 100 miles after buying it -- I would have crashed into stopped highway traffic had I been in my Pathfinder), automatic climate control.
Favorite Features
Engine, subtle engine growl inside cabin, AWD!, sport seats, TIGHT construction, fuel economy, suspension is PERFECT, Hey, I think the new body style looks great too!
Suggested Improvements
1.) No sunroof available on wagon 2.) Rear cargo area doesn't fold exactly flat -- there's a slight angle to allow for the 1-step folding rear seats 3.) Turbo lag below 3000 rpm 4.) Leather seats would be a nice option.