First '05 STi in town
By SmilingBob on
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Perfect blend of high performance, practicality, reliability, and affordability--all for $32k. I had my Aspen White '05 STi hot shipped for May 1st delivery. I drove an '03 WRX as a demo for 10 months prior to picking up the STi. WRX was plenty fun, but the STi experience is in a league of its own and the two can't be compared. I also owned a '96 C4 just before getting the Subaru. Subaru's AWD is better than the C4's and I'm not concerned when driving the STi because it's got a 3/36 warranty.
Favorite Features
Power (it's ALL there), handling/responsiveness, smooth gearbox, presence of stereo in '05, perfect exhaust sound, good semi- automatic climate control system, movable HID headlights. This car's fun factor is off the chart!
Suggested Improvements
Armrest ext location is awkward. Offer heated seats and make wing an option. I bought new trunk and swapped to get rid of boy racer wing. New trunk looks clean and crisp. Highway noise loud, so I added Dynamat--much quieter now. Only complaint is rear seatbelt adjusters rattle loudly.