2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Cheap & Fun AWD Car!

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5 RS Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Cheap & Fun AWD Car!
By Matt on

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in September of last year to use as a winter car instead of my Mustang GT. I bought it with 93,000km on it and I now have 104,000km. Obviously, the car is GREAT in the snow. With 4 snow tires, you can pretty much plow your street with your front bumper and still not get stuck. The car is comfortable, but I find the seats somewhat stiff (base RS seats) for longer trips. Fuel mileage is great for this engine and AWD. I've gotten a best of 32 MPG on the highway in the Winter, driving 120 km/hr. I imagine 35 MPG highway is attainable in the Summer. Features are alright. The radio is poor - changing the faceplate helps. Parts are expensive (import). I'd buy another one!

- AWD for fun in the snow ... Donuts are fun! - Sound of the engine (typical rumbling Subaru Boxer engine) - Fuel mileage

All of these things, in my mind, are minor: - Better radio in base models - A brighter instrument cluster - More powerful rear defroster