2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Great Wagon
By stocksj on 06/07/12 05:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've have my Impreza RS Wagon since new in 2005 and it's always been very reliable in all weather. Mileage is good and it always runs. I've used it as a truck hauling my hobby stuff and gardening things. The HVAC does not blow cold AC from the lower vents but it's no differnt than the 2002 WRX wagon I traded in for this. This car's a keeper for life.

Amazing car! You'll be hooked.
By Nic on 07/15/10 18:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my STi used two years ago, and have loved every minute! I live in NE Wisconsin and enjoy twisty roads in the summer on performance tires, and switch to snow tires in the winter. What an amazing car that does so many things well. The mechanical build quality is superb, steering feedback is great and tracks like the cars on rails, and suspension is taught. WARNING: The suspension is firm, most would call harsh. It's a rally car, buy a Buick if your not hardcore about suspension firmness. The drivetrain is a gem. The 2.5 L turbo and 6 speed manual are perfect matches. Fuel economy is great for a performance car, I average 21 mpg with a lot of highway commuting.

Maybe the best all around car
By Subie4life on 03/09/10 11:50 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just got back from the dealer for a recall. Yep, after 96,000 miles this is the first time I took it to the dealer. What a great car. I've totally abused this thing (from landscaping materials to my 4-60 lb dogs) and it begs for more. I've only done routine maintenance (tires at 50k, oil every 3k) and it's as strong as ever. It thrives in bad weather (torrential downpours here in Miami and trips to the snow in NC). I get not great, but definitely good gas mileage (21-22 city, 26-27 hwy) and it has plenty of room for just about anything I need. Yes...you should buy one. I expect to keep mine for well over 5 more years and 100k miles.

Cheap & Fun AWD Car!
By Matt on 02/23/10 17:14 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in September of last year to use as a winter car instead of my Mustang GT. I bought it with 93,000km on it and I now have 104,000km. Obviously, the car is GREAT in the snow. With 4 snow tires, you can pretty much plow your street with your front bumper and still not get stuck. The car is comfortable, but I find the seats somewhat stiff (base RS seats) for longer trips. Fuel mileage is great for this engine and AWD. I've gotten a best of 32 MPG on the highway in the Winter, driving 120 km/hr. I imagine 35 MPG highway is attainable in the Summer. Features are alright. The radio is poor - changing the faceplate helps. Parts are expensive (import). I'd buy another one!

Great kid car
By Dcrespo on 10/22/09 21:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a car for my 16 year old son - required ABS, Airbags and AWD (we live in CO). This car has enough power to make it thru the mountains and gets 30 mpg. It holds all his hockey gear and it is easy to find tires and parts.

Great all around car
By pun on 10/02/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

I live in New England and this car does it all. Bought it brand new with zero miles and now has almost 100k and still going strong. No major troubles. Just your BASIC oil change and filter. 300 hp, how can I complain? Gas mileage is good also for a vehicle with 300 hp. You don't buy the car for the gas mileage it gets, but that's just me. Things that are bad with this car are to be expected. It's a sub 35k car brand new. For the price, it cant be beat in terms of performance, reliability, comfort, and space as a package. You cant expect this car to be your high end 90k price tag amg Mercedes. It's a Subaru...

Subaru is awesome
By STI on 09/20/09 00:38 AM (PDT)

After weeks and weeks of looking for a car I narrowed to 2 and it was a 05 BMW 545 and a 05 sti and after test driving the bimmer I went to test drive to subie and as soon as I shifted to 2nd my decision was made. This car is so fun to drive, I get a kick watching people in my passenger seats. So quick and tough. Subaru has something going with their vehicles they're all good ones.

Handles like no other
By usmm01 on 08/16/09 21:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am a loyal fan of Subaru, our old impreza was a 97 outback sport. This is my first purchase of a turbo. We are pleased with the WRX as usual with handling and fuel economy w/ cruise hwy. 29.5 mpg @ 65- 70mph! City 23mpg. I will own nothing but Subaru.

The Beast!!!!!!!
By GUN-IT on 05/14/09 09:45 AM (PDT)

What a phenomenal car. It handles like a Porsche and accelerates like one too. It's reliable and you can have four people in it as well. Good size trunk. Fun factor in this car is an absolute 10!!!!!

Great car, no complaints here
By mfk3 on 02/13/09 19:03 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 1999 Legacy Outback, went to trade it in and found this 2005 Impreza Outback w/14000 miles on it, I liked the style better than the 2008 Impreza Outback. I bought it as a Subaru CPO car and have never looked back or wanted for something else. In fact I looked at Mustang V-8's first (nostalgia), drove an Impreza RS and I was totally hooked on the Impreza. It felt like more of a performance machine than the Mustang.