2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Another Quality Redsign!

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5 RS Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Another Quality Redsign!
By punchycool on

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have the '05 Impreza 2.5RS Sport Wagon with auto trans. This is the 2.5L non-turbo motor in case you were wondering. It fits my lifestyle perfectly and has room for two quality carseats in the back seat. The redesigned interior is very impressive; trust me, it takes a lot to impress me and Subaru has done a great job changing it up to modernize things. I really dig the new look of the black interior. Good layout for controls, good cupholders. Quiet engine and low slung hood line are perfect for all drivers. I love the height adjustment of the front seats, a very thoughtful touch for 5'4" wife. And if I may say so, Subaru's willingness to make me a great deal on this model, made me jump!

I have the Auto 4-speed trans which comes with the Active AWD system. It responds well to any situation that I can throw at it so far. The seats are SUPERIOR!! The fronts hold me in like that of the ultra-race type WRX seats. I am 6'0" tall have no issues with leg room or knee room; well done there!

A bit of a lag is present when stepping on it in top gear; although it does nicely downshift to 2nd gear from 4th gear at 45mph on full throttle, it takes some time to get into the powerband. Trust me, this does not bother me much, since once in second and up around 4 grand, it gains speed quickly!