2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual w/Gold-Painted Wheels Consumer Review - The Affordable Supercar

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

WRX STi Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual w/Gold-Painted Wheels)

The Affordable Supercar
By RallyX on

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this car for 3 years now, and I can honestly say there is no other car in the 30k-45k price range I would rather have. Being in the driver's seat is pure bliss, and the road will bow to your every whim. The turbo engine keeps driving exhilarating, and requires some skill to unleash fully. Interior is spartan but sufficient. Exterior screams "fear me". Fuel economy has been around 22 mpg mixed, which is excellent for such a ferocious car. Have not had a single mechanical issue yet. Take warning: 1. The ride is brutal 2. Car thieves will try to jack your car (3 attempts on my car already!)

Favorite Features

Back-bending acceleration, super-glue handling, enlightened steering, great front seats, excellent brakes, blue interior, 4 door + spacious trunk practicality, AWD, good gas mileage for a supercar, reliable, envious looks from ricers everywhere.

Suggested Improvements

Shifter is occasionally notchy & gets stuck, power windows squeek, needs steering wheel audio controls. Better stock speakers. Batmobile-like security system is a must.