Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

awesome car
By OBPWRX05

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Got it as a Christmas present...Driving this car is so much car... Probably the one car thats completely performance packed... Turbo engine, AWD, sport suspension... Everytime there is a reason for me to go out, i get excited just to drive the car.. absolutely fun car...

Favorite Features

AWD, Turbocharger, great acceleration, when turbo kicks in, its crazy...design... fun car to drive...

Suggested Improvements

std. 17inch rims... 2005 RSX-S came out with them... even out the hp to 250hp... lower suspension... stereo needs to be better

2.5TSsedan-somewhat disappointing
By wallyv

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We have about 10,000 miles on the 2.5TS and are pleased with the appearance, handling and the AWD. The performance is only average as the HP is not adequate for the weight of the car and the AWD. We also purchased a new Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart and it has much better performance with the same power. We have some problems with the Subaru that the dealer says are normal,after short trips the car gives off a strong rotten egg odor from the exhaust (catalytic converter), we are also getting very poor gas milage with the car, about 14 miles to the gallon.we would not consider buying another subaru as the dealer is not willing to help us with our problem.

Favorite Features

AWD, handling, winter safety, styling,and visibility.

Suggested Improvements

I would recommend the standard transmission over the automatic as the power is not adequate for an automatic transmission.The car dints easily as the sheet metal is thin to reduce weight. The black paint scratches very easily. Dealer and warranty service has been a problem

WOW
By WOW

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I'm recently out of a 2002 Civic Ex and into an Impreza RS 2.5 auto. I was shocked to see how much my Subaru rode and handled like a VW. The Subaru is rock solid, has excellent handling and sticks to the road like glue. Made my old Civic EX feel like I was driving a wheelbarrow. Fit and finish are on par with the rest of Japan. This vehicle comes highly recommended

Favorite Features

Ride and handling are excellent. Drum tight, excellent brakes, lots of value!

Suggested Improvements

Better base stereo.

Super commuter car!
By Rob

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We compared this 2005 Impreza RS2.5 to the Civic SE and couldn't believe the difference. MUCH better handling, power, and performance. This is my commuter car and it is perfect for just that. Quiet interior, superb handling; a lot of fun to drive. Build quality is solid with a great looking interior. How can this car and the Civic be in the same price category?

Favorite Features

Handling, responsiveness, solid build, AWD, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

How about making the cold weather kit and a moonroof an option for the RS?

What a blast but...
By badgermorin

I have only had my new WRX for one week and I must admit I love driving again! Seats are comfortable, wheel feels great in your hands and the power of the engine makes me smile everytime. The only issue I am having is trying to shift into reverse... not very easy. Some quick searches on other sites found that I am not the only one with this issue. Obviously I still love the car and just hope the shifting is one of those subie quirks!

Favorite Features

Power, handling, 6 CD in dash receiver, wheels and even the interior looks great. Oh yes, I love the moonroof!!

Suggested Improvements

Better transmission. The armrest extension should be standard... I can see why it is a popular choice.