2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
true
By rarevos on 06/29/05 14:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Thin sheetmetal, thin paint, notchy shifter, easily customized, fantastic performance, great utility. No other car comes close at this price; nice interior for class. Great seats. Wish the wagon had a sunroof.

Charles Atlas
By The Rush on 06/29/05 11:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the Charles Atlas of Automobiles There are few automobiles that can outperform this small car. And I have as yet to find one. Everyone should try this one before they spend more money for a name.

What a fun ride
By Richard D Black on 06/28/05 16:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

When I finally decided to buy my first new car, I knew there was only one choice; a Subaru. I was debating an Outback 2.5i, but didn't want that high of a payment each month, so I went with the reliable Impreza Wagon. I cannot complain. This thing rides like a top. It was a great improvement over my last car and I play to drive this for hundreds of thousands of miles, as most Subarus will run forever. I really wish that the factory accessories didn't cost so much.

Fast, awesome handling, great braking
By NavyGuy on 06/27/05 10:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is amazing, purchased one over an EVO and haven't looked back. The car is amazing on the straight aways and truly shines in the corners. Nothing compares.

My 2004 Subar WRX STI
By zeroGsti on 06/25/05 15:47 PM (PDT)

I love this car! I own a little '92 Honda Civic HB and I tell myself that I'm going to drive the Civic to work for commuting but I can't resist driving the WRX because it's so much fun. If you like fast cars like me you'll love this car. Before making any judgments on this car I suggest you go to your nearest Subaru dealership to test drive it to see for yourself. After that the price doesn't seem so bad.

I love the WRX!
By Brian on 06/21/05 13:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Performance that can't be beat for the price! Much more solid than the SRT-4 and superior handling to the Mustang. The WRX is great through the turns or on the highway. Interior is comfortable but the cup holders are a nuisance. The car is suited for any and every condition (try taking it on some dirt roads for a real treat!) and is a pleasure to drive. Headlights aren't strong enough for a vehicle of this performance and the brakes are a bit squishy, but the car can take a beating and keep on going!

Rocket-powered Rollerskate
By Anthony Goordman on 06/20/05 09:07 AM (PDT)

This is the most exciting automobile that I have ever driven. Taken to the edge of its performance, it is breath-taking. It is not built for larger people. While the seats are comfortable and the controls are all within easy reach, large drivers will find it difficult to enter and exit this sedan. Like most compact sedans, the back seats are even smaller than the front. The boot is very spacious and access is easy. Fuel mileage is highly dependent on how one drives and spirited style will lower the mileage substantially. Quality control standards are equal to or greater than US or European luxury standards.

STI performance quality
By Dan on 06/15/05 10:46 AM (PDT)

I love my STI. Coolest and fastest car I've ever driven. Buying one pre-owned for me was easier on the wallet: car price-wise and insurance-wise. The MSRP for a STI brand new is about $32-33K. Pretty steep for a young bachelor such as myself. The dealer I bought off of started the car at $31k but was willing to crank it down to $29k, which was sufficient. I got a lot for the money; 300hp, dramatic acceleration, great all-wheel drive system, brilliant supercar interior. Just driving it, I forget I'm in a Subaru; it's a velocity dream car that can outrun a 280hp Mustang in the 1/4 mile. I feel really safe in the STi. Get a lot of looks driving down the road. The car looks mean. I love it

2005 Subaru WRX STi Sedan
By Sinister Subaru on 06/03/05 17:37 PM (PDT)

Pros: blistering acceleration, sharp & responsive handling, build quality, seat comfort, tight & precise shifter, excellent brakes, standard equipment level (for this type of vehicle), good a/c & heater, fuel economy (24-25 mpg mixed driving), all wheel drive, excellent price considering overall performance and amenities. Cons: punishing ride on anything but smoothest of roads (jarring, skips, & kicks), poor sounding audio system, extremely short tire-life, poor paint quality, rear seat does not fold down for pass-through.

Made the Right Choice
By BaRoK on 06/02/05 10:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Got it over a week ago and I can't take my hand off the wheels. I was aiming for the turbo model but decided to go for the RS mainly because of fuel economy, theft avoidance and it's my daily driver. It's a thrill to drive especially on twisty corners. Gears and suspension are outstanding. The engine growls like a beast. Overall, I'm very satisfied with my RS's performance and handling. Can't wait to drive it snow.