2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
My 2.5RS w/ sport package
By JEFF CHEN on 04/16/05 11:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my white 2.5RS in March 2005. I love it. I drive it everyday. It is a practical car. I'm still breaking in my engine and shift up before 4k rpm. The engine sounds great even under 4k RPM, the ride is smooth, and the handling is responsive. However, the launch from zero of this car seems to be soft ( I guess it is due to AWD torque distribution), and the braking is soft too. The braking is acceptable but NO where near impressive. I may upgrade the brake in the future. You don't get WRX or STI from this one, but you got an Impreza, too. I'd proudly recommend this great car.

Subaru WRX is a great overall car
By WRX Fan on 04/09/05 17:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Subaru Impreza WRX is an amazing overall vehicle. It has great pickup, reliability, and styling. For the money I give this car a 12/10. I have had no problems and enjoy driving my 5 speed Subaru everywhere. It always feels good when you see everybody else looking at your car and giving you the thumbs up. The Subaru is a great buy because of the price, safety, and it is fun to drive.

WRX has No downsides
By David on 03/29/05 16:53 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have a '05 WRX in World Rally Blue with 16 inch rims and this car has been so much fun. 13,000 miles on her now and no problems. All wheel drive really helped when a friend and I were caught in a snow blizzard. We never needed chains but I saw that mostly everyone else did; even those big full size and 1 ton trucks need chains on and in 4 wheel drive.

BEST CAR IV'E EVER HAD!!!
By WRX_WRC on 03/20/05 16:31 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This is an excellent car and is one of the most impressive cars I have ever drove. The styling for the Impreza WRX is superb with the just noticable hood scoop and the unique spoiler. Also the power on this car is great. But unfortunatly the fog lights are a bit strange.

Extremely Multi-Talented Car
By Captain Steve on 03/19/05 15:26 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The WRX is a car that does many things well, but is not particularly outstanding at any one thing. As a sports car person, I never expected to own a 4-door car. But here I am and I'm quite happy with it! At high revs with the turbo working, the WRX has good power and definitely puts a smile on your face.-Handling is very sharp. This means the ride is a bit rough over bumpy roads, but the WRX doesn't pretend to be a luxury sedan.-AWD and 4 doors make the WRX actually pretty practical.-Standard equipment is quite nice. Not outsanding, but still very sufficient.

Speed Limiter
By Black Vishnu STI on 03/19/05 11:48 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Speed limiter is at 147? why? Evo is 157

Awesome car
By AGOW on 03/15/05 10:02 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I drive this thing very hard and it has held up well (except for the time I crashed into a curb while shredding up the snow). This car rocks when it comes to driving in the snow. It is a fun car. This car handles incredibly well and accelerates quickly with the turbo. The turbo lags a little..

The best street legal rally car
By Zach on 03/14/05 18:50 PM (PST)

I had a 2003 WRX and everything I wanted to improve on the STi did. The power is NOW and never quits. Run some race gas mixed with 91 and hold on. Take it on a mountian road and enjoy the slight oversteer. I've talk two different people into buying one and they're as happy as I am.

STi
By MJA on 03/13/05 20:24 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Visceral. It's the best way to describe this car. If you are looking for a practical and reliable car with super car performance on a budget this is it. Handling is top notch (more than you'llever need on the street). Acceleration comes in boatloads from 2000rpm toredline. Braking is excellent thanks to the big brembos. All of that performance combined with excellent Subaru reliability, and a nicely done interior thanks to Saab and this car is the complete package.

awesome
By j on 03/13/05 18:27 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

incredible vehicle, love it to death and will buy a new one.