Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 196 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

JUST PLAIN FUN!
By RANMAN

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just traded in my Mustang GT to get my new STi. Spent the better part of the last 4 years scrounging around to get parts that would speed up the Stang. Such a relief to buy a car with everything you need straight out the dealership. Made with quality parts that are made to last. Unlike the Mustang which consists of parts that are made to replace. Must admit, my STi was modified, but I had visited other STi's before I found the one I purchased and was impressed with them all. Could not drive to 7-11 without being "tested" by a Honda tuner in the Stang. SERIOUSLY. Interesting, that imports now drive by me in the STi without even revving their engines. THAT'S what I call RESPECT!

4 doors? 5 passenger? ALL-WHEEL DRIVE? BREMBO BRAKES? 394 DYNO-TESTED HORSES?I CAN'T STAND IT! Nobody wants to race me anymore! I can drive places without being harassed!

Lifting the height of the rear trunk an inch or two will improve the profile of the car and lift the rear wing out of the path of your rear view. Matching interior lighting of the dash gauges and stereo would be nice. Improved stock exhaust note. Wheels with a 2-inch lip. More available colors.

Love this Car!
By Jo

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been wonderful for me! Since the date of purchase I have not had any mechanical or other problems at all. I love driving it around, the car always gets a few looks. This car is not WRX but it still has a lot of punch to it, it's very fun to drive. The only downside is that the mileage is not the greatest, however keep in mind that you are getting excellent AWD performance at all times. On a 60 litre tank of gas, i average about 600km per tank.

Locking gas tank, AWD, fold down rear seats to make a larger wagon, the bucket seats.

Add sunroof to non-WRX models.

These cars are super fast.
By Brian

This has to be the fastest and most fun car Ive ever driven or owned. In the summer it's like the car is stuck to the pavement like a magnet. In the winter it is even more fun, with 300 horses and full time awd you wish there were more turns and more snow.

Absolute excellent brake, throttle and steering feel.

The STi has almost everything already.

Swiss Army Knife on 4 wheels
By Aurora

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've owned it for more than two years and I've got about 42,000 miles on it. I STILL look forward to my commute! I also end up volunteering to drive my friends everywhere. I really can't think of a better car to have purchased. It's done everything from weekend joyrides to moving an impossible loads. The performance and handling have gotten me out of trouble on the road that I might not have otherwise avoided. Reliability has been spotless other than a few glitches with the lock/unlock beeper. Slipping the clutch at 3000RPM produces little lag. Keep the RPMs above 4000 on a twisty road, and you discover the genuine gran-tourismo character of this car.

Triumphant performance, utility, reliability, looks, comfort. It almost seems like whoever designed this car actually intended for it to be used. MPG isn't great, but for 227hp is uncommonly good. I get 28-29 with dedicated highway driving. AWD has pulled me out of deep snow.

RE92s aren't the greatest. Wished they had a sunroof and seat heaters on my year. Interior material quality isn't the best - have to be careful with how you clean it!

It Could Use Some Things.
By Gary Sanderson

This car is exceptional in the snow. I live in a very hilly area and had no problems navigating the icy roads. The car is extremely quick with a quarter mile of 12.4 seconds. I love to drive it all the time. Even though the gas mileage stinks its still great to drive and I don't mind spending the extra cash for gas. I love this car and will never buy anything else.

Spacious lighted glovebox, clear windows, orange calipers, blue and black interior, center console, shift knob, A/C.

Take the 300 Hp down to 170 for better fuel economy, replace the gigantic wing with something much smaller and cute, remove the hood scoop completely it makes the car look like a space ship, replace the rims with hubcaps because they are less likely to get stolen, make the clock bigger.