2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews 7

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Extraordinary
By Greg on 07/28/05 09:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is fantastic. The handling is neutral and very responsive. The brakes have a lot of stopping power. The car has a lot of grip. The engine has a lot of bottom end torque as well as peak horsepower. The car works very well int he wet, and the hydroplaning stability is superb. I have never driven a better car in the snow. I had Michelin Pilot Alpin snow tires on it, this winter, and on three highway trips in snow storms, there was no other vehicle with the grip, stability, and control to keep up with me. The interior is well laid out, comfortable, and efficient. Overall, I think this car is probably the best valued car made; it certainly is the best performance car value.

2004 WRX STI Review
By KS on 07/21/05 20:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love this car to death! It's very very fast, reliable, good looking and fun to drive. It's worth the money, 100%. I get so many other people waving at me and giving me a "thumbs up" when I drive by that I feel like I'm a celebrity. Flat out best car on the market, bar none. Porsche-like speed with 4 doors, rail like handling ... you just can't beat it.

Love it!
By TurboT on 07/20/05 18:43 PM (PDT)

This car is the total package. It outperforms most sports cars on the market, reliable, gets decent gas mileage, AND will carry 4 average adults comfortably. This car was my dream car prior to the US getting it and it has not let me down. The gas mileage averages about 25-26 on the highway (no a/c on). To push this car to it's limits is VERY difficult to do because the limits of the driver come WAY before. Completely stock, this car is ready for the track (some safety mods -- better brake pads, lines, and fluid would help). Overall, I am very pleased with this car and would recommend it to anyone wanting a REAL sports car that is livable without paying big bucks.

Fast and FUN
By wrxstiguy on 07/20/05 10:25 AM (PDT)

I am a 22 year old male that loves this car. In February i picked up an '05 Sentra Spec V and that was fun ... for the first month. Then I wanted a turbo so I started looking and wasn't sure if I wanted a EVO MR or the STi. Glad I picked the STi; I have no regrets.

'05 Impreza
By Paul Y. on 07/19/05 11:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is simply the best vehicle I have ever owned. It's fun, reliable, efficient, and won't get me stuck (in western NY winters).

Wife's Outback Sport Special Edition
By 5greyhounds on 07/18/05 13:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The ride is very nice for such a short wheelbase, lots of room for the size (two greyhounds fit in the back with the back seat down with no problem). The stereo is very nice and the interior seems to be well made. Overall a good value for the money and a solid car. I miss a sunroof but that will be corrected next year.

Excellent car
By Gonz on 07/11/05 09:04 AM (PDT)

I have owned this car for a year now and put on 15,000 miles. It is easily just as much fun now as when I first bought it, actually more. I started auto crossing it this year with amazing results. The corner steering is pretty pushy but that is about the only negative thing I can think of for the STi and that can be fixed with bigger sway bars and an alignment. The ride is pretty comfortable for a long trip and as long as you are easy with it, it gets good gas mileage for 300HP. Overall I believe it is a wonderful car for the money.

Prime "hidden" sports car
By Dr Z on 07/08/05 00:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Exceptional covert turbo station wagon. Greatly priced for the performance and features Subaru offers. Slight lag when below 3000 rpm and turbo seems to fail when in 5th gear. Good overall visibility, good comfort (driver's seat could be a bit higher for better visibility, esp. over hood scoop), handling is by far the best and smooth, center of gravity is slow and makes the ride feel extremely safe, sound system quality excels, fuel economy is good but fails with A/C and turbo acceleration. Interior room is larger than expected. Updated exterior is stylish and yet subdued. As my second Subaru purchase, I am more than satisfied with the Subaru quality of AWD and exceptional service.

Most Fun Compact Car with AWD!
By David on 07/04/05 17:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan w/Sport Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Impreza 2.5 RS Sports Wagon for just over a month. It's exactly what I'm looking for -- compact size, reasonable power, and lots of cargo space. I've had two other compact cars (Dodge Neon and Ford Focus) and the Impreza is the best by far. The front seats are excellent for everyday driving, they are very supportive and controls are exactly where they should be. Passing power is great in city, I can change lanes with ease. One thing that I'm uncertain about the Impreza are the frameless doors, although they feel sporty, but might increase wind noise in a couple years ?

Nice toy car!
By Rexmaster on 07/04/05 13:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I only had this car for 4 days and must say I really enjoy driving this car! Handling is superb for a stock suspension. Nice alternative for the pricey STi.