2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: 5K miles and still smooth

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

WRX STi Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual w/Gold-Painted Wheels)

5K miles and still smooth
By slinky on

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Thought I'd wait to get a few miles on it to see how time would temper my opinion. I'm still loving the performance every day I drive it, and still look for reasons to get out and drive. Even though the tires are fairly soft, they don't show much significant wear after 5K miles for a performance tire, and the car still corners as tenaciously as when first driven. Road noise is present, but not overwhelming even as the tires have aged. Personally, I like the wing and think it's part of the car's character (hot wheels full sized toy). Only thing I don't like is how it creates a blind spot if looking over the shoulder. This is a drivers car.

I like the center mounted tac with both visual and audible warning with a fuel cut if those don't impede a drivers enthusiasm. The AWD drive handling is fantastic. Sometimes I drive a little to hard for my passengers since g forces don't bug me.

Better stereo or leave it out like 2004 and cut price accordingly. Lack of aux in for ipod/dell dj is my biggest complaint. Can't find an FM unit that works in my congested FM area without noise.