2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Fast and practicle fun
By Midlife on 01/20/05 12:42 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Very predictable handling and holds on tight to wet roads. Handling in the snow is very good after the summer only tires are changed to mud and snow tires. Auto temp control works well. There is actually enough room in the back seat for an adult human of average size, but not for an extended trip. Trunk space is good with room for golf clubs and groceries. Ride is tolerable to good,except on a real rough roads, you wont lose your teeth. Lots of road noise from the tires, but much better with with the M/S tires. The rear wing is annoying and attracts alittle more attention than I care for. Gas mileage is around 22-24 for me but I drive conservative. I look forward to driving it every time

Silver AWD, nothing like IT
By IXUSracing on 01/18/05 16:34 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first AWD vehicle & let me say I am a beliver now. I got my the beginning of January in the New England area (GO PATS),so I had the dealer throw on some Snows(Hancook). Well Snow is no longer a threat 2 me. W/ my AWD & SNOW a hill that would have given my FWD Maxima & my RWD 240 headache(RWD espec) didnt even cause any concern 4 my subi.The Grip from the 300hp/torq is very similiar to riding my bike when u stomp on the gas.Only thing left suspension/LuxuryI considered the Lancer EVO, EVO MS, and the R32. All have dif aspects, but if u want performance/quality then u go w/ Subi.The Mitsu has a great warranty, but the comp is in finance trouble & the motor is near it's limits.

Just awesome
By Zack on 01/04/05 00:06 AM (PST)

Upgraded from a standard WRX and it's a totally different ball park. Not for the faint of heart. Fun, practical, daily driver.

20 Minute Vacation
By Craig on 01/02/05 01:33 AM (PST)

Moving from a 2004 WRX Wagon, my 20'05 STI fixes the few things that I would have changed about the standard WRX . Power and handling come together providing entertainment that I couldn't afford before the STI. The wing is a bit outrageous and upsets many people on the road but I'm having more fun than 99.9% of the driving public. Did I mention the power and handling.....

THE BEST CAR EVER
By eric on 12/24/04 23:42 PM (PST)

this is by far the best car you can get for 30 g. it is the best when it comes to performance with 300 turbo horses and 300 ft/lb of torque. IT IS THE BEST

05 Subie STi
By Tony05STi on 12/20/04 15:32 PM (PST)

It is an incredible car with awesome performanance. It has an acceptable ride for road trips, unless that trip has some fun roads to utilize the cars ability and make the trip really enjoyable. Being a 4 door sedan with a usuable trunk make it easy to live with as an everyday vehicle. The only negative experience I've had with it so far, is it drew too much attention in a GM town and some clown there thought it would look better with a smiley face on the hood and keyed it. Anyone who is looking for a truly great automobile should consider the STi.

5K miles and still smooth
By slinky on 11/28/04 17:11 PM (PST)

Thought I'd wait to get a few miles on it to see how time would temper my opinion. I'm still loving the performance every day I drive it, and still look for reasons to get out and drive. Even though the tires are fairly soft, they don't show much significant wear after 5K miles for a performance tire, and the car still corners as tenaciously as when first driven. Road noise is present, but not overwhelming even as the tires have aged. Personally, I like the wing and think it's part of the car's character (hot wheels full sized toy). Only thing I don't like is how it creates a blind spot if looking over the shoulder. This is a drivers car.

excellent
By Soo-young on 11/15/04 19:03 PM (PST)

The car is faster then my old fully modified skyline R34. and the handling is better then any 4WD I have driven in my life

Simply Awesome
By narenji on 11/14/04 02:47 AM (PST)

I bought this to replace my Stage 2 Wrx Wagon. It simply amazed me how much more power the Sti has (my wagon was supposed to be around 270hp). The car has great dynamics- accel, braking, handling, and they all seem to go together. The exterior is aggressive, and the wing is obnoxious. I wish the car came with a front mount intercooler and that way you wouldn't have the massive hood scoop either. I prefer a more sleeper look, but the car stays true to its rally heritage with the scoop and the rear wing. Many upgrades are available, but the car is stupid fast already. Sometimes I sit in the car and think, "wow, I actually have an STi." That's a great feeling

An Amazing Machine
By USA STi on 11/08/04 01:21 AM (PST)

This car is simply amazing. I looked at getting an 03 E46 M3, a 99 C2 Carrera or this beast. Because of my height the Porsche was too uncomfortable and the M3 although amazing, was too uninvolving and everyone has one. So on came the STi. The power delivery, handling and breaking are amazing. I love the way it looks, and the rear wing is there for a reason, at 100mph it adds 50 pounds of downforce to the rear - the car was built with one thing in mind - performance in all areas. If u like performance cars that handle like their on rails, can show up $100,000+ cars and have around $30,000 to spend, look no further, u will not be disappointed. I am so happy with my purchase...