2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Consumer Reviews 4

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
What a great toy!
By Robber on 03/16/05 15:05 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After 7k of driving I am still to see 28mpg. Actual between 20 and 26. A couple of instances of gas pedal abuse will drop it to 20. Normal travel is 140 M of hwy each day. Speeds between 70 and 75 = 26. 80+ < 24Seats and suspension are great for cornering and performance driving, but have a negative impact after 10hrs of constant driving (pain begins at 4hrs).An extremely positive car to drive. Great feedback via controls. Great breaking. Have found a tendency to understeer under heavy braking. Tends to oversteer under gas. This works great to tighten a turn up when pushing it. Paid just over 23K-

Perfect all around vehicle
By Justin on 02/17/05 18:23 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I did a lot of research before buying my Subaru. I narrowed my choices to a Jeep Liberty, Mazda 3, Toyota Rav4, and the Subaru Impreza. The Impreza won out for a few reasons. I was looking for something that was good in the snow since I live in Minnesota. I was also looking for something that was good on gas, but could also be rugged and haul my camping gear. The Subaru Impreza was the perfect mix of everything I had wanted in a vehicle. It performed extremely well this winter in the snow. The car does better than an SUV for gas, but worse than most small cars. I am getting 23 city, 28hwy. Overall, I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Impeza Impressive
By Kathy Hund on 02/17/05 06:10 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I went shopping I wanted a Forester. I test drove one; handled great for a larger car. Then for fun I decided to give this Impreza a try. I was very impressed with the maneuverability of this car; the mileage was a factor as was the fact that it could do anything I wanted the Forester to do and handled much better than the Forester. The styling was sleeker, and again the gas mileage was a big plus. It is roomy and it has a good safety rating. Plus it holds its resale value. Couldn't ask for more. This car has HEART.

Love the OBS SE
By losthat on 02/09/05 21:44 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport Special Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this as a safe car for my 16 year old daughter..and to travel with my dog..guess what....I prefer it over my Infiniti QX4! Handles well, easy to glide into small parking spaces, and is fun to drive. Snow is not a problem! The SE package gives you so much extra for so little. I love drving it. Otherwise what a great wagon for the money. Try it, you'll like it...that's if you can find one.

Was so fun to drive and proven very safe
By bizarro13 on 02/07/05 21:29 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I got my Subie in the end of December and loved it instantly. I admit, I was pretty bad at driving stick, so it took some getting used to, but the car just stuck to the road like it was glued down. The styling is unique. That's the only way i can put it. The ride is definately choppy though. If you want asmooth ride, look elsewhere. This is a sports car. The car proved very safe as well recently when I hit a car parked onthe highway at around 70 mph. The cabin was untouched. I walked away with nothing but a couple of bruises and a small burn from the airbag. It couldhave been much worse. This is a very fun and safe car!!!

This Car Kicks
By Andy on 02/06/05 07:29 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Well designed vehicle! Lots of power, not a v8 so some turbo lag if u don'trev the engine. Grocery getter below 3krpm,but once u hit 4-5k this baby takesoff! The AWD system is terrific! I live in Michigan & during winter I'm passing 4X4pickups/suv's on the hwy @60 mph whilethey are doing 25 waiting for the plowtruck to arrive .The Subie is truly amazing in the snow, I'd say it handles just as well in bad weather as it does during a clear, dry day. Price shot up from $21-28kthough :-( but only a Mustang GT can giveu similar/better 0-60 for the $ but w/o AWD handling or Subaru's bulletproof reliability. Nothing can match its performance or value for the $!

Not perfect, but a great value
By Bob on 01/27/05 15:06 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2002 WRX wagon. The car is VERY fun to drive - but before purchasing understand the maintenance costs of AWD(blow one tire, you either have toreplace all four or buy a special onewith the same tread). Premium gas isvery expensive nowadays too. But the car is a great value because it's a blast to drive and will tear up the road, but you can fit five people in it if you have to and the cargo room is excellent for acar this size. The car lacks in creature comforts - the seats hold you in very well around corners but is uncomfortable especially if you are a larger person. Cupholders and storage desperately needs improvement. But, I love my car becauseit does it all.

Subaru Redeemed
By Ron Kuhlmann on 01/13/05 18:47 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport Special Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I owned nothing but Surarus from 1972-87 and then went back in 2002, buying a Legacy Outback. The car was virtually impossible to drive smoothly in low gear (manual) and I complained to Subaru for three years. They offered a small compensation amount and just before Christmas it bucked one too many times so I was off to the dealership. I had some trepidation and tested this model in every possible situation before buying. I have had it a month and found it a delight--stable, spunky and fun to drive. I use it for commuting, errands and a very occasional 4-5 hour trip. I am once again a very happy Subaru camper and highly recommend the car for size, performance, and versatility.

Best Car I have ever driven
By Subie Newbie from VA on 01/05/05 16:46 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was driving a 1992 Acura Vigor which I learned on and was beginning to give me problems. It had 160K miles on it and was starting to show its age so I decided it was time for a new car. I looked at the TSX, 9-3, Mazda 3 and 6, and the A4. All great cars but in many cases I had to sacrifice something to gain something else. I drove the WRX and I was hooked. I have a dog and love to ski and mountain bike so the wagon is perfect for that. It looks great so it turns heads although its unassuming enough to hopefully not turn too many copís heads, and it has more go juice than anything else I drove, lots more. And with the exception of the Mazda 3 was the cheapest. WRX all the way.

AFTER 21000 MILES
By BOB on 12/20/04 15:49 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I actually have a 2002 wrx wagon. Thought you might like the impressions from someone who's had one awile...This is an excellent car. I have had no repairs, just scheduled maintenance. Two minor recalls. Clutch feel isn't the best. Some shudder, especially at cold engine temps. Everything else is fine.