Used 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

The Ultimate Beast
By 2QIK4U

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've driven many performance cars in my time and I have to say that this car stands toe to toe with most all of them. I've outrun Cobra Mustangs, Dodge Charger SRT8s, older model Porsches, you name it. Phenomenal handling, super brakes, and a nice interior for a race car. Don't forget folks, compare the interior to other race cars, not luxury cars. It's fairly nice for a race car. It eats Vettes. They spin, you win. Awesome car! Period!

Favorite Features

Steering response. Power. Respect from other drivers! Attitude.

Suggested Improvements

370 stock horsepower 400 lbs/ft of stock torque

I FEEL LIKE AN ADDICT
By leafer

This car is so addicting that it draws you to the driver's seat and says let's go! The unbelievable power that is pumped out of this four banger is incredible, the car handles corners like it was a straight away, it stops on a dime picks it up, then gives you change. I cant believe the amount of respect this car gets no one wants to race you in fear of humiliation. This is absolutely the funnest car I've ever drove! (P.S. I didn't even notice there was a stereo.) Worth every penny!

Favorite Features

acceleration handling, braking

Suggested Improvements

NONE

The Affordable Supercar
By RallyX

I have owned this car for 3 years now, and I can honestly say there is no other car in the 30k-45k price range I would rather have. Being in the driver's seat is pure bliss, and the road will bow to your every whim. The turbo engine keeps driving exhilarating, and requires some skill to unleash fully. Interior is spartan but sufficient. Exterior screams "fear me". Fuel economy has been around 22 mpg mixed, which is excellent for such a ferocious car. Have not had a single mechanical issue yet. Take warning: 1. The ride is brutal 2. Car thieves will try to jack your car (3 attempts on my car already!)

Favorite Features

Back-bending acceleration, super-glue handling, enlightened steering, great front seats, excellent brakes, blue interior, 4 door + spacious trunk practicality, AWD, good gas mileage for a supercar, reliable, envious looks from ricers everywhere.

Suggested Improvements

Shifter is occasionally notchy & gets stuck, power windows squeek, needs steering wheel audio controls. Better stock speakers. Batmobile-like security system is a must.

Faster than the law allows
By A. D. Goordman

This vehicle should come with a bio-degradable operator's licence. Although I have received only one speeding citation, it is because of a good radar-detctor and exceptional good fortune. The performance is breath-taking: in addition to unbelievable acceleration and braking, it corners as if it is on rails. It looks like economy sedan on steroids and if it has a single drawback it is the driver comfort that it lacks. The fuel economy is limited by the weight of one's right foot, but that means it is fair-to-poor milage for my driving style. The STi's greatest asset is "Fun" which it has in abundance. It is addictive, so enjoy the abuse if you purchase one.

Favorite Features

The performance package--a monster!

Suggested Improvements

Change nothing--of course they did anyway.

Awesome Car!
By Thomas

Great car! I had an 02 WRX before picking up the STi. What a difference. Everything about the car is amazing. A must have!

Favorite Features

6 speed tranny, Brembo Brakes, easy to upgrade.

Suggested Improvements

None.