2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
JUST PLAIN FUN!
By RANMAN on 10/20/06 15:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just traded in my Mustang GT to get my new STi. Spent the better part of the last 4 years scrounging around to get parts that would speed up the Stang. Such a relief to buy a car with everything you need straight out the dealership. Made with quality parts that are made to last. Unlike the Mustang which consists of parts that are made to replace. Must admit, my STi was modified, but I had visited other STi's before I found the one I purchased and was impressed with them all. Could not drive to 7-11 without being "tested" by a Honda tuner in the Stang. SERIOUSLY. Interesting, that imports now drive by me in the STi without even revving their engines. THAT'S what I call RESPECT!

These cars are super fast.
By Brian on 09/22/06 17:44 PM (PDT)

This has to be the fastest and most fun car Ive ever driven or owned. In the summer it's like the car is stuck to the pavement like a magnet. In the winter it is even more fun, with 300 horses and full time awd you wish there were more turns and more snow.

It Could Use Some Things.
By Gary Sanderson on 08/07/06 18:41 PM (PDT)

This car is exceptional in the snow. I live in a very hilly area and had no problems navigating the icy roads. The car is extremely quick with a quarter mile of 12.4 seconds. I love to drive it all the time. Even though the gas mileage stinks its still great to drive and I don't mind spending the extra cash for gas. I love this car and will never buy anything else.

Great Car
By Greg Case on 04/05/06 05:31 AM (PDT)

The car is fabulous. It is the best bad weather car I have ever driven. It is very stable in the rain and snow. It does require snow tires for snow use, as the OE summer tires have no snow tread. The performance of the car is great. It responds to inputs similar to a racecar. The tires, suspension, and steering have little compliance, which makes it so responsive. The engine has plenty of low end torque and good top end power. I was surprised at just how much better the engine and handling is compared to the standard WRX. The engine alone is probably worth the price difference, and the handling makes it even better yet. Its handling is close to neutral, and the steering responds to throttle.

Finally
By fast as hell on 12/08/05 09:55 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car. This car holds corners while on the gas, like a go-kart. It can be scary sometimes. I get stares all the time. This car looks and feels like a race car. I heard it has 237hp at the wheels. If that's true, I do not want to feel 300whp. In the rain, you can shoot off a green light but watch out if you have to stop fast. Your rear may go sideways but it will straighten out. In Florida you can modify this car because the roads are flat and straight. Up north there are hills, corners, tight spaces, so stock is very much plenty. I pick this over the EVO because my wide shoulders fit in the STI seats.

2005 STi
By bob wilson on 12/01/05 09:34 AM (PST)

Awesome car! Definitely the best performance for anything under $50k. Can match or beat most cars of any price range in any type of performance. It drives and handles amazingly. The AWD truly puts the 300 hp to the streets. Awesome turbo power through the full spectrum of rpm's. Its aggressive exterior is eye catching and turns plenty of heads. Its boy-racer style aggressive looks truly inspired me. It truly is an amazingly awesome sport compact car.

So worth the money
By Graham the Man on 11/16/05 21:52 PM (PST)

I went from a 2003 Jeep Wrangler V6 with 6 inches of lift ... got tired of it (gas mileage and speed). I wanted another fun car to replace it. Needed AWD and wanted a turbo. STI is the perfect choice. Total sleeper too, everyone that is ignorant totally underestimates the sickly speed and acceleration. All cars should bow down to the STI ( I hate the import craze, that is, taking a cheap car and investing money into it that you will never recoup. This car is FAST stock and you don't need to add stupid aftermarket stuff).

Good Time!
By Jonathan Haynes on 10/29/05 22:28 PM (PDT)

The car has been great. My only negative is the OEM tires. The tires have not held up as well as I would have hoped for. I can only go on them for another 5000 miles before I will have to purchase new ones. Besides that the car is a great time. It will toss you back in your seat under hard acceleration and stops on a dime. Overall the car is amazing!

M3? why?
By James on 09/08/05 20:54 PM (PDT)

Three months ago, on my way to BMW dealer to trade in my mint '93 Supra Twin Turbo for an M3, I had a kid in some big winged creature badged STi. Yes, it was faster than my stock Supra, and I had the embarrassing pleasure to see the rear badge. I took an early exit ramp to the Subaru dealer, drove the STi, wiped the drool off of my face at the signing table, and bought it. 3 months later, I still drool after I drive it to and back from work. Let's see (comparing M3); 4 doors to 2. All wheel drive to rear wheel drive. (I live where it snows), handles almost as good and wait, $30,000 less? Bottom line: I bought a faster, more fun, more practical car and i didn't have to trade in the Supra.

'05 STi review
By BigBSTI on 08/29/05 12:36 PM (PDT)

This car is awesome! I have a commuter car but I always want to drive my STi. It is so hard to keep the miles down because you will always want to drive it. I've taken it to autocross and drag events and out performed all new cars around the 30k price range. I don't consider myself an awesome driver but behind the wheel of this car you sure feel like it!