2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Poor man's M3
By bully4me on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Car is fantastic to drive around town. Great brakes and acceleration. Engine has lots of torque compared to Mitsu EVO that had no bottom end. 6 speed works well and engine settles down at cruise. Glad I got the 2004 as the 2005 interior and rear flares are not an upgrade. Only the console and HVAC controls are better over the 2004. So - buy the 2004 if you can find one and take the savings to add a killer stereo. Hope they figure out the code on the engine ship soon so we can reflash for more power.

a crossover buyer from American Muscle.
By spec66 on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car a week. the performance is nothing less than spectacular. Acceleration, Handling, Braking all superb. Do not expect luxury, this is a purpose built machine that has surpassed my expectation. The 2.5L has a rumble that rivals some V-8, 0-60 4.8?? yep, and it is not even broken in. this thing will give a corvette a fair race. and you can haul your kids, and stuff.

My 1st Subaru!
By ebravol on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The 2005 Outback Sport Wagon (5-speed manual) is my first Subaru. What made me hesitant about the 2004 model was the placement of the front cup holders. The 2005 Outback Sport has the front cup holders the center console between the seats. Also, there are rear cup holders. The car is very responsive and has great power given the engine size. I am getting about 24 mpg. The rating for city is 23 mpg which is 1-2 miles better than the 2004. My 6-foot friend sat in the back seat and said the leg room was good. Also, there is lots of storage compartments.

Patiently breaking it in...
By midlifecrisis on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my third Subaru. After one week of ownership I still get a smile on my face everytime I get in and take off. The car has been flawless so far.

Perfect WRX Upgrade
By T-WRX on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I owned a 2002 WRX, and mildly modified many aspects of it trying to achieve a faster, better handling car. To paraphrase the old fruit drink commercial: "Shoulda' bought a STi."

Black STi
By scruffy on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The WRX STi is a great fun to drive car. It has positive handling, with no under/over steer faults(due to the adjustable center diff.) the car has a huge power band with 200hp at only 4000 rpm! and 300 hp at 6000 rpm! the car is faster than many other sedans in the same price range(BMW 325, Audi A4). If your a true car enthusiast, you will love the car.

The best car ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By My New STI on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This car is awesome! I have owned many other performance cars and this one stomps them all. The interior has been slightly redesigned so you have a 6 cd changer new cloth on the door panels and cup holders. The wheels have been widened this year as well. Also the steering is tight. Super SUPER fun to drive.

YeeeeeeHaaaaaa
By Stimuli on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

THIS THING IS A ROCKET SHIP! It so so quick and so fast that it is scary. I equate it to holding a calm cat that just got scared and is digging in to get the hell out of Dodge. Once break-in is over (even before!)you will not want to drive this thing without a radar detector present. The closest you will get to a supercar under $100,000. There are very few vehicles in the US that can challenge the STi, anywhere!

Better than my Boxster S
By jontronics on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

A lot of bang for the buck. This car replaced my '02 Porsche Boxster S, what a difference! For $26,000 less I got more horsepower and torque, better handling, fewer squeaks and a lot less attitude at the dealership. Bottom line, when you add up all of the peformance items that come standard, it would cost you thousands more to turn any other sports sedan into anything close to the STI, plus it's all covered by a 36,000 mile warranty. Instant track car.

2005 Subaru WRX STi
By AcidRat on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Excellent power range and handling. I have a neck injury that is somewhat aggravated if I'm in the car for more than two hours. The car attracts more attention than I had counted on but the majority is positive. I used to drive 5- 10 mph over the speed limit, I now go at the limit or 5 mph under. The noise level is livable. Ergonomics are excellent. I'm 6'3, 190# and I have no problem getting in or out of the car. There are several seating positions that I find comfortable. The back seat is big enough for two adults. The paint is very hard which makes it scratch easily, the trunk is spacious, gas mileage is about 20 mpg.