2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
So far so good....
By Bigskymt3777 on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Looked at alot of cars/suvs the Outback Sport was the only one that was in my price range and had AWD...Handling has been great...Gas mileage right now with 500 miles 23-24 miles combined hoping for more...All the bells and whistles are nice...Love the color...Seats take a little to get used to...Back seat plenty of room for passangers and my youngest loves the two cup holders that pop out (those are his)...Have heard some wind noise but livable...Stereo not bad maybe a litte bit better speakers for standard would be nice...Over-all I am Happy...Can hardly wait for fall and winter lol

Turbo lag is bad!
By Maverick777 on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my third Subaru and second WRX. I bought it last October and loved it all through the winter. But driving it in the summer with the air on is like pulling teeth. I feel like I'm working it far too hard to get it to move. It drives me NUTS! We recently purchased a '04 Acura TL and its torque is addicting! I never have to worry about what gear I'm in like I do with my WRX. Also, I wanted heated seats, mirrors and a sunroof but couldn't get them. I also wanted to get rid of the roof rack. Who knew Saab would be selling the Subaru I really wanted?! This car will be leaving our fleet very soon to be replaced by an Infiniti G35 Coupe.

By scooby101 on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I definitely am enjoying this car. I sold my acura for this car. It is awesome to drive, handles great in street driving. You can definitely dig in to any cornern and feel safe. It has enough power even with the 160 hp version. Smooth shifting, instant response, no delay w\non turbo. So as a daily driver or out for some fun this car can do both.

best car on the road... , for me anyway
By jimbosSTi on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car handles like a dream. Does very well in the ice and snow of Wyoming and Nebraska, it never leaves you guessing. Definately recommend to people looking for a fun fast compact.

Blown away
By Sport driver on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Subaru has just lowered the price of the 2005 Impreza RS from last year. They also just came up with a lease price that's hard to beat. So, I leased my first car ever. With it's All Wheel Drive, (AWD) 2.5 165 hp motor, I find it the most fun and safe car I have ever owned. I always knew they were great cars, but I am blown away at the handling of this new and improved 2005 RS from Subaru! Kudos to Subaru.

The most fun and reliable car I ever own
By Myeelotter on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have driving 7,500 miles and I look forward to every time I get to drive it. It's so much fun even going to the supermarket. On the highway, it's pure exhiliaration. I can just cruise or keep it up 5 notches to pass other annoying drivers and other aggresive drivers that like to tailgate me. This car has so much mid- range power that it really suprises me when I have to pass another vehicle. The interior is not as fancy as some of my friend's Audi or Infiniti but it's good enough for all my needs. Although I see they may some minor changes in the 2005 model that I love to have in my.

Subaru Impreza RS
By L.H.N. on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan w/Sport Package (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

So far I've had this car for a week, and I love it! It's so smooth and handles the roads very well. I can't get enough of it's cute and sporty look.

best all around
By tina fountain on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

this car rocks its faster than i ever thought everywhere we go we get compliments by the tons total comfort great mpg for this car we got 29 mpg and that was after a pretty good run from oregon to washington and back i cant say enough about this car by far the best investment we made

This thing is a beast.
By jondoe on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is the most amazing car that a true enthusiast can own given this type of price range. It is an amazing blend of value, comfortability, performance, and reliability. It never stops putting grins on my face, whether it is raining or shining. I thought about the Evolution, but given Mitsubishi's poor reliability, warranty denial stories, and also stories of them spying on Evolution owners. I chose to go with Subaru due to previous positive experience with the manufacturer. I have driven everything out there from little Miatas to E46 M3's and this thing blows them all away.

Way to go Subaru, I love the STi
By billuy on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

nothing wrong with it, this car is truley amazing