2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Unbelievable car
By Alex11 on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Worth double the sticker price. Even or better than the Porsches at the Racetrack and you can take four people up to the snow too.

Oh So fun!
By STIHUNY on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love my STI. The best performance for your money!

like a porche, 1\3 the price
By chris allison on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

If it was stolen today, I would be back at the dealship tomorrow trying to get another. Which might be tough, considering Subaru only makes 5000 a year. Great Car. Head turner, and the limited numbers makes its value hold strong.

the best
By brandon taylor on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is the best really car ever made!!!!!! "Know other car can win" "Mess with the best die like the rest!" this is my dream car since i have been watchind wrc 1996

great car
By steven persaud on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

its a fun car i own 3 so far and they all drive better than hodas

great car and fun to drive
By subtone on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Trying to keep it under 4000rpms for the 1st 1000 miles. I researched about 4-5 cars the past 8 months and it all came back to the WRX, a little more than i wanted to spend but I just love the car.

Great little AWD vehicle for the Money
By Mary J on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a Subaru for a few years now and finally got a great deal on the 05 2.5 RS Sport Wagon. I just love it, it is roomy, fun to drive, and great handling. I especially like the seats how they just hug your body. Good going Subaru.

Gets better with every year!!!
By Die hard subaru fan on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This is my second subaru, my first was a subaru impreza 1993 sedan(which is still chugging along at 205,000 miles which I sold to a close friend), and I can not say enough wonderful things about it. First of all, all the small little things that use to bother me they have fixed, okay so it has been over ten years but still, for example they don't have those stupid cup holders that use to pop out of the dash and I always use to bump and spill my coffee everywhere. However, they have kept the good stuff like the rimless windows, really like those.

2.5 years
By wang dang doodle on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had my WRX wagon for 2+ years, 20K miles. No repairs other than scheduled maintenance. Two minor factory recalls. Clutch feel is not the best and sometimes there is a little "judder" before car warms up. Some complain of turbo lag, but this is not a problem for me. Just keep the revs up and power is always there. Shifter could be smoother, especially into reverse. I hear short throw shifter is better.Handles very well and is fun to drive. Wagon design is very practical and with roof racks can haul lots of stuff for a car this size. Gas mileage 17 city 26 highway. This is a good car.

Smile
By Kypho on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I haven't stopped smiling since the day I picked it up. I ordered White w/ silver wheels so I could be inocuous yea right, with a 'superbird spoiler' and a hood scoop the size of the Holland Tunnel. VERY fast, stops as good as it goes too. Excellent handling with tons of 'gawking factor'. I get comments everywhere. You'd have to spend two or three times as much $ to achieve this level of automotive panache (Mitsu Evo excepted), and even then the STi would cause serious embarrassment for the "high rollers". This is the very serious car with extremely high limits that can get you out of trouble as easily as it got you into it. It invites serious driving and