2005 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Awesome ride a must own
By pimpin 2.5 on 02/04/05 21:35 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We got it 2 days ago and I keep getting people coming up to me saying it's a beautiful car! Fun to drive, plenty of power despite not having a turbo all in all for the price you cant go wrong.

Not perfect, but a great value
By Bob on 01/27/05 15:06 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2002 WRX wagon. The car is VERY fun to drive - but before purchasing understand the maintenance costs of AWD(blow one tire, you either have toreplace all four or buy a special onewith the same tread). Premium gas isvery expensive nowadays too. But the car is a great value because it's a blast to drive and will tear up the road, but you can fit five people in it if you have to and the cargo room is excellent for acar this size. The car lacks in creature comforts - the seats hold you in very well around corners but is uncomfortable especially if you are a larger person. Cupholders and storage desperately needs improvement. But, I love my car becauseit does it all.

awesome car
By OBPWRX05 on 01/26/05 01:11 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Premium Package (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Got it as a Christmas present...Driving this car is so much car... Probably the one car thats completely performance packed... Turbo engine, AWD, sport suspension... Everytime there is a reason for me to go out, i get excited just to drive the car.. absolutely fun car...

Fast and practicle fun
By Midlife on 01/20/05 12:42 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Very predictable handling and holds on tight to wet roads. Handling in the snow is very good after the summer only tires are changed to mud and snow tires. Auto temp control works well. There is actually enough room in the back seat for an adult human of average size, but not for an extended trip. Trunk space is good with room for golf clubs and groceries. Ride is tolerable to good,except on a real rough roads, you wont lose your teeth. Lots of road noise from the tires, but much better with with the M/S tires. The rear wing is annoying and attracts alittle more attention than I care for. Gas mileage is around 22-24 for me but I drive conservative. I look forward to driving it every time

2.5TSsedan-somewhat disappointing
By wallyv on 01/19/05 10:34 AM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We have about 10,000 miles on the 2.5TS and are pleased with the appearance, handling and the AWD. The performance is only average as the HP is not adequate for the weight of the car and the AWD. We also purchased a new Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart and it has much better performance with the same power. We have some problems with the Subaru that the dealer says are normal,after short trips the car gives off a strong rotten egg odor from the exhaust (catalytic converter), we are also getting very poor gas milage with the car, about 14 miles to the gallon.we would not consider buying another subaru as the dealer is not willing to help us with our problem.

Silver AWD, nothing like IT
By IXUSracing on 01/18/05 16:34 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first AWD vehicle & let me say I am a beliver now. I got my the beginning of January in the New England area (GO PATS),so I had the dealer throw on some Snows(Hancook). Well Snow is no longer a threat 2 me. W/ my AWD & SNOW a hill that would have given my FWD Maxima & my RWD 240 headache(RWD espec) didnt even cause any concern 4 my subi.The Grip from the 300hp/torq is very similiar to riding my bike when u stomp on the gas.Only thing left suspension/LuxuryI considered the Lancer EVO, EVO MS, and the R32. All have dif aspects, but if u want performance/quality then u go w/ Subi.The Mitsu has a great warranty, but the comp is in finance trouble & the motor is near it's limits.

Subaru Redeemed
By Ron Kuhlmann on 01/13/05 18:47 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Special Edition AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I owned nothing but Surarus from 1972-87 and then went back in 2002, buying a Legacy Outback. The car was virtually impossible to drive smoothly in low gear (manual) and I complained to Subaru for three years. They offered a small compensation amount and just before Christmas it bucked one too many times so I was off to the dealership. I had some trepidation and tested this model in every possible situation before buying. I have had it a month and found it a delight--stable, spunky and fun to drive. I use it for commuting, errands and a very occasional 4-5 hour trip. I am once again a very happy Subaru camper and highly recommend the car for size, performance, and versatility.

WOW
By WOW on 01/10/05 20:18 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I'm recently out of a 2002 Civic Ex and into an Impreza RS 2.5 auto. I was shocked to see how much my Subaru rode and handled like a VW. The Subaru is rock solid, has excellent handling and sticks to the road like glue. Made my old Civic EX feel like I was driving a wheelbarrow. Fit and finish are on par with the rest of Japan. This vehicle comes highly recommended

Super commuter car!
By Rob on 01/07/05 22:08 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We compared this 2005 Impreza RS2.5 to the Civic SE and couldn't believe the difference. MUCH better handling, power, and performance. This is my commuter car and it is perfect for just that. Quiet interior, superb handling; a lot of fun to drive. Build quality is solid with a great looking interior. How can this car and the Civic be in the same price category?

Best Car I have ever driven
By Subie Newbie from VA on 01/05/05 16:46 PM (PST)

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was driving a 1992 Acura Vigor which I learned on and was beginning to give me problems. It had 160K miles on it and was starting to show its age so I decided it was time for a new car. I looked at the TSX, 9-3, Mazda 3 and 6, and the A4. All great cars but in many cases I had to sacrifice something to gain something else. I drove the WRX and I was hooked. I have a dog and love to ski and mountain bike so the wagon is perfect for that. It looks great so it turns heads although its unassuming enough to hopefully not turn too many copís heads, and it has more go juice than anything else I drove, lots more. And with the exception of the Mazda 3 was the cheapest. WRX all the way.